PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Here's my 4th carve. I got inspired by a Devil's Anse I was enjoying, but this is way bigger than an Anse. It's about 6 3/8" long with a 7/8" x 1 1/2" chamber. I had this crazy green stem, so I took the stummel color greenish to compliment the tone of the stem. You can't tell so much in the photos, but the stem is really reflective with a range of green tones from light olive to almost black. The stain is a mix of a super GREEN green and buckskin. I wasn't so sure I was going to like it until I waxed it this morning. And, right after I did.... a bowl of Penny Farthing magically appeared in it! Yes, it was magically delicious! The test run was good, it's going to be a good smoker!

IMG-1937.jpgIMG-1939.jpg

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Thanks, that was my hommage to how the top of a lot of Devil Anses are blackened around the top. I'm not sure if that's a real tradition or not.

Last edited:

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
Beautiful pipe! That's a very creative job on the color; I really like it.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Here's my 4th carve. I got inspired by a Devil's Anse I was enjoying, but this is way bigger than an Anse. It's about 6 3/8" long with a 7/8" x 1 1/2" chamber. I had this crazy green stem, so I took the stummel color greenish to compliment the tone of the stem. You can't tell so much in the photos, but the stem is really reflective with a range of green tones from light olive to almost black. The stain is a mix of a super GREEN green and buckskin. I wasn't so sure I was going to like it until I waxed it this morning. And, right after I did.... a bowl of Penny Farthing magically appeared in it! Yes, it was magically delicious! The test run was good, it's going to be a good smoker!

View attachment 25012View attachment 25013
That is a good looking pipe ?

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Wow that's awesome! Is that an asymmetrical stepped stem or just the camera paying tricks
yes - it's stepped differently on the top vs the bottom. I don't think I've seen one like it before. I bought it 'in spite' of it being green, then had to come to terms with how to use it! But I ended up loving it and am wishing they came in more colors - black is not an option believe it or not. And none of the colors sound like ones I want, but gold is an option I'm considering pairing with olive wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.