PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thanks everyone!

Martini, I have more of a background in art than woodworking, but I grew up with both. Mom is a working artist, Dad always had a small woodshop.

Most of my experience with the tools would go all the way back to middle school and high school shop class, thats the last time I used a lathe or bandsaw. I used to draw quite a bit in high school, and did some sculpting/carving in alabaster, but thats about the extent of my resume. That and a strong passion for pipes. And a lot of experiencing cleaning and selling hundreds of pipes over the last few years.

Even though these are my first pipes, its been a goal of mine and something I've studied and worked towards for the last year. I've entered pipemaking with a decent background for it, but a lot of education on what it takes to make top end pipes. I'm actually disappointed that these arent better already :D

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Nice Job !!! Beautiful Grain and Finish.
Looking forward to seeing your progression and becoming a future customer...........

colesradioactive

Might Stick Around
Apr 3, 2012
Those look great man! I've seen several pipes from well known carvers that didn't have near the consistent grain and finish as the 2 you've done. Let me know when you start putting things up for sale......you can definately put my name near the top of the list!

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Love the grain on those pipes!

I am not expert when it comes to pipes but I would say those are pretty da*# close to being professionally made. You did a swell job not teach me how you do it! :D

Hope they smoke well!

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Ryan
Those look great!!! Like I told you in Chicago I am holding out to pick up one of the first ones you put up for sale!! I think of myself already owning one of your pipes, we just don't know what it looks like yet!!!! :lol:
I have been wanting to add a cutty my collection..... hint....hint.... :wink:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Hey Thanks a lot everyone ! I appreciate the encouragement.

Rick, I'm going to make a special point to take care of you guys that have been buying estate pipes from me, and helping to make all of this happen.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
@lonestar let me know when you get ready to start making them to sell, I'm going to want to buy 2-3 :)

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Holy Fracking SHIT Lonestar. :worship:
Them girls have a nice set of... GRAIN beautiful grain!
Get a job working for Dunhill. Like NOW. After you've got a few pipes you're proud of under your belt.
Keep nice pictures for your portfolio.

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
Very nice you may say they aren't the best but I've never been able to make anything half as beautiful with my hands! :D

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
Very nice you may say they aren't the best but I've never been able to make anything half as beautiful with my hands! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.