Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
...and it was heaven. I got my hands on an old tin (an old coin-twist tin marked "Made in Great Britain") and just got a little bit of time outside to smoke it in a bent prince Sasieni. At my current experience level, that stuff is not possible to describe but I will say that I am happy to have tried it. It came in a 4-oz tin and the flakes were the real surprise...they were tiny. There was even a little instruction sheet on top of the tobacco telling the smoker to leave the flakes whole but to "tease" the ones on top to assist in lighting. I thought about saving the tin but the rust spots on the bottom that looked like they went through made me open it right away.
It's not the "best" tobacco I've ever smoked but it was really very nice. Just a really cool experience I never thought I'd have.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Very cool captainsousie. Hopefully, I will get to have an experience with the old Three Nuns! May I ask, how did you come by that tin?

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
I have been puffin on the newer version and for me its just ok but but after this tin never again .

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
So the other Sunday I had a couple of Farmer's Daughters (a local microbrew) and Three Nuns when I got home. My wife thinks this is hilarious.
Never tried the old stuff, but the new Three Nuns is pretty nice.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
i agree with pete, sounds like a line from a bad joke lol. Good to know you had a heavenly experience with three nuns outside. lol

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
One of my goals for this weekend at the Chicago Pipe Show is to try a bowl of the new Three Nuns and a bowl of the Three Friars from C&D and contrast them.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I smoked a tin of the current Three Nuns, it wasn't bad but I wasn't impressed enough to buy more of it. About to try some Dunhill Delux Navy Rolls, another coin-style, but still a Va/Per as Three Nuns used to be.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I have a tin a bought when they released the new version. I'll need to pop it soon and try it out.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I enjoy the new 3 Nuns. After going through my first tin, I order several for my tobacco locker(it's above ground). Then again, I'm not a Va/Per smoker so, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.