Not open for further replies.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
31031E4D-0B00-4B0C-A732-FDAB03C1CF9C.jpeg
01B4919C-7672-40EE-B8DC-AE4F4CB6F02B.jpeg
57D9F8B6-E191-4E01-A991-D538222B1EEF.jpeg

I used to think Rhodesians were ghastly looking things. I’ve been obsessing over them lately, though. Decided I had to try one out, and I got an Ashton, of course. 2016 XXX Pebble Grain Rhodesian with Silver Army Mount, to be precise. I totally get the hype now... this is an excellent and quite comfortable pipe to smoke!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My apologies. My pipe ID is off today. Half Bent Dublin sound closer....
The Savinelli's? Yeah, dublin. No forward cant to the chamber, and a conical chamber. If not yachtsman, bent dublin. I collect those more than smoke them. I tend to smoke the handmades more often.

Reactions: dcon

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Thanks, gang! ‘Tis indeed a fine looking pipe. That’s what I love the most about Ashton’s, they almost always seem to have really nice ring grain on them. I love the way they blast their stummels.

@chasingembers to my knowledge they are still all handmade. Quite a few of mine are only a couple years old and have minute variations (flaws, I suppose) in the slot cut, you can tell they are done by hand.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thanks, gang! ‘Tis indeed a fine looking pipe. That’s what I love the most about Ashton’s, they almost always seem to have really nice ring grain on them. I love the way they blast their stummels.

@chasingembers to my knowledge they are still all handmade. Quite a few of mine are only a couple years old and have minute variations (flaws, I suppose) in the slot cut, you can tell they are done by hand.
Don't own one, but you've brought them to my attention. There's a billiard I'm staring down right now.?

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.