PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Eaglesgift

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Chiang Mai
If you're looking for nicotine (I'm an addict and seek out strong blends myself) Peterson Irish Flake is very good and strong choice as is HH Bold Kentucky if you have access to macbaren. Neither is particularly sweet or flavored but there is some sweet-ish ripeness fro the VAs that shines through on both
I just had a small bowl of Bold Kentucky. I love it! It’s like Warhorse without the strange topping. Strong, really flavourful, just perfect. I ordered 4 tins on spec, almost wishing I’d ordered 40. It’s got this wonderful savoury, earthy flavour.

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I just had a small bowl of Bold Kentucky. I love it! It’s like Warhorse without the strange topping. Strong, really flavourful, just perfect. I ordered 4 tins on spec, almost wishing I’d ordered 40. It’s got this wonderful savoury, earthy flavour.

The good news is that as a macbaren product it is widely available! One of the things I appreciate about it is that as opposed to some of my other strong favorites (such as GHC Dark Fake or 1792), which are frequently out of stock everywhere, I can get tins of Bold Kentucky just about any time I want. Of course, none of that would matter if it wasn't an excellent tobacco, and it very much is to my tastes. I think the use of both American and African dark-fired Kentucky is what gives it that extra bit of intrigue. You get the more woody notes from the American, and the more floral notes from the African, and the VAs keep it from becoming overbearing.