PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
To start with I am from Oklahoma which isn't really known for its big towns or positive attitude towards tobacco use. Luckily I am visiting some freinds in Texas and one of them suggest a B&M names Club Humidor. This being the first tobacco shop where the person helpin me knew any tobacco phrases other than " bulk jar" and I was not disappointed! The person working there smiled when he saw me come in, immediately pointed me to cigars, when I said I'm a pipe smoker he almost skipped to the tobacco section and eagerly showed me

His favorites. We talked for about 20 minutes when he pulled out a pipe and lit it up. I must of looked at him like an alien because he looked at me and laughed. I have never been in a building that had ventilation where you could smoke inside! Needless to say I bought some baccy, and took his name down. Tomorrow his boss will be getting an e mail from me, a lot of people complain at bad service but good service shouldn't be overlooked either.
As a side not, I'm roughing it on the road so no laptop just a phone. All mistakes and typos above I apologize for and of you have to criticize me I understand :)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
No fair coming to Texas and not inviting the Texas crew! Where in Texas were you? I'm right down 75 in Allen. Got a pretty good North Texas bunch.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Hey Baron next time your invited! I don't know my way around Texas so I don't know where that is, but I am in San Antonio. Thanks fisher and thanks for reading!

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Very cool. Very jealous as I have no B&M near me (maybe that's a good thing). And very awesome that you're sending a positive review to the owner.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
The people in Texas are very nice and try to help you often. I lived there over 7 years and enjoyed my experience.

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
good to hear that ya can still get good customer service. i can also relate to not being near a good B&M, it sucks.

joshwolftree

That's awesome, I've got a good B&M down the street from me and their always helpful. Heck I walked in last time and he reached for my go to tobacco jar asked how much I needed this week and pointed out another jar he had mixed a few day's before for me to fill my pipe with. Good mix too, wound up with two ounces of each for carrying around and another 4 oz of the new mix for my cellar. I'd tell the owner how awesome his employees were if it weren't for the fact that it's always the owner behind the counter, well, behind the counter until he light's up and hangs out in the lounge with me anyway :lol:

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I miss my old local B&M... nothing beats a good B&M with well knowledgable people and well stocked merchandise... oh and you cant forget a place to kick back and just shoot the shit.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
The owner of my local b&m is an A-hole. He keeps giving me the odd pipe full of tobacco to try and get me hooked. Also, if I want to buy a cheap knockaround pipe the bugger won't even let me near his lower end stuff insisting that they are crap and only there for noobs. He will then tease me with his better quality models and offer them to me at a price that is typically about $10 less than I could find anywhere online.
I hate this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.