PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Hi out there!
I've been reading PM for a long til but just became member.
I wonder if anyone are up for some tradeing? I live in Denmark, Copenhagen. I have the Danish Pipe Shop near by. I would very much like to try aselectio of GLP tobaccos....
Have a nice day, my friends.

May 31, 2012
Welcome!!! Glad you're here!
A question: have you tried the different My Own Blend's?
I'm very curious about their Brun Capstan and others in the series too!

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
mistelowecase, i have smoked most aromatics from MOB. Brown Capstan, I have not tsted. I smoke yellow Capstan as default Va. I don't smoke aros anymore. MOB Athena is a nice aro. I have a tin, but the sweet, aromatized tobacco is not for me anymore. Mostly Instick to Emp in hem morning MOB 51, a wonderful va/per or yello Capstan on tje go and some kind of oriental, latakia mix in the jevening.

May 31, 2012
Thanks drcarlos!
MOB makes a pretty wide range of stuff.
I have a couple of Danish books that I try to read, very slowly.

Pibe-Rygning by Olrik

God Tobak by Jakob Groth
Do you know the work of Storm P ?

05-03.jpg

TreSmaaMaend02.jpg

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Mrlowercase....
Surfing the web as my morning routine....every morning, same procedure. Dunhill EMP, freshly grounded coffee, and morning meeting with the computer...
MOB is good. I like the tobacco aswell as the tins. I mention the tins, coz the typical evacuated tins does not seal that good. MOB does not use vacum, rather they use high quality tins that seal the tin. The tin used for the Capstan Gold is a good example - after opening, the flakes dry out within weeks. So I after opening such tins, I store the flakes in a sealed container and use the tin for potions of 2 flakes that I rub out.
Well, it was tobacco, not tins....My guess would be that the Brown C, is very much like Capstan Original and Capstan Gold (Imperial Tobacco Comp., produced by Orlik. However, I will ask (if I remember) the next time I visit the tobacconist.
Have a wonderfull day, everone.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
Hej drcarlo velkommen til forummet. Fedt med endnu en dansker :) Jeg bor i Odense.

May 31, 2012
Two of my favorite Danish words are pibevenner og tobaksfolk,

but I can't figure out the word "stop" as related to piberygning,

can you help me understand?
Also, the word råtobak, "raw tobacco" does that mean "uncased" ?
og go røg!

Status
Not open for further replies.