PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
So I got paid today and made a visit to my local tobacco shop. I ended up walking out with a Brigham Voyageur 65 and a delicious smelling english style house blend. I am really psyched!

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
Thanks guys. I just had my first bowl and...wow! I
Code:
<br />
<pre><code>g

t wait. The store in my city is almost 120 years old so I thought supporting them to be important.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Hundreds of tasty blends. Dozens of shapes. Who knows how many makers! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :puffy:

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Welcome! That's usually the definite start to a livelihood of soothing your new-found cravings.
And watch out for unclearthur, he's an evil salesman when it comes to his own carved pipes! :nana:

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
congrats goodkat. I've been eyeing one of those Brighams, thanks to this site in fact. Which shape did you get? Their volcano in the Chinook finish is sure purty. Would love to hear your thoughts on how it smokes and the rock maple filter--I love filter pipes personally (sacrilege, I know) and am intrigued about its re-usability.

oh, and POST SOME PICS! Welcome to the nuthouse :puffy:

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
congrats goodkat. I've been eyeing one of those Brighams, thanks to this site in fact. Which shape did you get?
Thank you. It's a bent billiard I believe.
Their volcano in the Chinook finish is sure purty. Would love to hear your thoughts on how it smokes and the rock maple filter--I love filter pipes personally (sacrilege, I know) and am intrigued about its re-usability.
My first tobacco pipe so I can't compare this filter to anything. It's more or less a sleeve in the bit. It doesn't filter the smoke like a cigarette but is a dry tube that absorbs some moisture out of the smoke. You can run a pipecleaner through it.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
My first tobacco pipe so I can't compare this filter to anything. It's more or less a sleeve in the bit. It doesn't filter the smoke like a cigarette but is a dry tube that absorbs some moisture out of the smoke. You can run a pipecleaner through it.
Sounds like the kind where you can put a balsa wood filter in it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have an Algonquin 2-dot Rhodesian -- close to the bottom of their line -- and it smokes great!

If it's important, my pipe just has a waxed or polished finish -- no lacquer or shellac.

The filter tubes are a pleasure to use, and like goodkat says, you can run a pipe cleaner through it.

BrighamAlgonquin.jpg

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
That's a nice looking pipe. Am liking the part rustication look
Mine's darker and full rusti except for a small rectangle that says "Brigham Voyageur 123"

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Good deal man. Welcome to this great forum. I hope you enjoy your new pipe and the many, many more you will be buying. NO JOKE. IT WILL HAPPEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.