PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I wish it was a place that had access to food and a bar, but the wonderful Ontario laws being what they are, we are stuck without any of those. Oh well, its a warm place to smoke inside with some old and new friends which is all that really matters. Thanks for the advice gents and I'll post pictures tomorrow.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
One thing I'm looking forward to is the summer months, there is a new bar that just opened up around the corner from my B&M that has good food and an outdoor patio for smokers. I'm hoping they'll let us have our meetings there in the summer months so we can have a meal and order some drinks as well.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've been to Les' meeting in Philly, I like the loose, unstructured aspect. The NYC pipe club also operates in this manner. Swapping tobacco is part of the fun for sure. Enjoy and report back.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey brdavidson, thanks for putting together our first gathering last night and pulling together 7 disparate pipe and cigar smokers for an enjoyable evening of puffin' and jawin'.
Best,
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I was a good time wasn't it Pat! Doug was a fountain of information and even our resident "crazy man" was good for a few chuckles with his crazy concoctions. Looks like April 25th for the next meeting. Kevin and I are going to work on a few things to try to get a few more out and hopefully a few fun surprises. Maybe we'll get Michael Parks out with some samples of his work, plus some potential help from some suppliers to make for some good raffle prizes. I appreciate the most excellent coffee and am already looking forward to our next meeting.
Brian

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
It was great Z, we had an older gentleman come out who was an absolute fountain of information and he taught Pat and I a few different things along the way. It was exactly what I was hoping for.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Indeed. Good times had by all for sure. Mind you those cigar smokers were a quiet bunch. :puffy:
B, let me know what I can do to help in terms of prep in advance of our next meeting.
-- Pat

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I was a good time wasn't it Pat! Doug was a fountain of information and even our resident "crazy man" was good for a few chuckles with his crazy concoctions. Looks like April 25th for the next meeting. Kevin and I are going to work on a few things to try to get a few more out and hopefully a few fun surprises. Maybe we'll get Michael Parks out with some samples of his work, plus some potential help from some suppliers to make for some good raffle prizes. I appreciate the most excellent coffee and am already looking forward to our next meeting.
Congrats on a very well done first meeting. I think you said you had 10 possible coming and you had 7 show up, that sounds like a pretty decent turnout. You might put up the odd notice here and there regarding your pipe club looking for new members and to come out to the meetings. I think you can also post to Craig's List and perhaps Kijiji (Popular in Canada I believefor free in a community section or something of that nature.
I am hoping to help set one up for Alberta, but does not seem to be much interest in getting together.
Hope you have continuted success with your club.

Status
Not open for further replies.