PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt Morgan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2020
Dallas, Texas
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

This week I received my first online pipe purchase from P&C,
1602341000401.png?
I was a little nervous about purchasing online, I have always bought my pipes in person. I have to say, after a few smokes I am very happy with my new pipe. It is a Rossi Vittoria, Billiard-Bent 8601, and though it is not a pricy item I am a real fan now. It is light and textured, and fits easily in the palm of my hand. On the off chance I am doing something with my hands while I am smoking, it is easy enough to hold in my teeth. The heating rate and dispersion is similar to other pipes I have, solid product though. I will be looking at more of these in the future. I now have two more coming that I purchased from P&C, can't wait to try them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt Morgan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2020
Dallas, Texas
of my pipes I currently own. Only one of them did I buy in person close to 30 years ago. I guess pipe smoking keeps you from aging as much or something.

My first pipe I bought from a small pipe and tobacco shop in Germany in 1996, and ended up buying two more from there by 2000. Those pipes are long gone after giving it up for many years. I have bought 3 in person since coming back to pipe smoking, with the new one I now have 4. Not saying I have bought a lot in person, just up till recently all off them had been in-person. puffy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My first pipe I bought from a small pipe and tobacco shop in Germany in 1996, and ended up buying two more from there by 2000. Those pipes are long gone after giving it up for many years. I have bought 3 in person since coming back to pipe smoking, with the new one I now have 4. Not saying I have bought a lot in person, just up till recently all off them had been in-person. puffy
back in the day before internet pipes I'd go to the pipe store and buy one when something happened to the last one. Maybe I'd have two pipes at a time and a few other clays since they where cheap. No notion of rotation or any such thing. I bet if I still had to go to one or two shops to look I'd have probably two pipes. But online you have such a selection it's almost hard not to find a pipe you really want.

Reactions: Capt Morgan

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You did great. I have two Rossi pipes, a Vittoria prince and a Palermo yacht. They were both reasonably priced and smoke as well as my Savinelli pipes, which for my uses is well indeed. As you likely know, Savinelli owns Rossi and the shapes are Sav shapes with slightly less exalted finishes, and I find both of mine pleasing to look at as well as to smoke. You made a wise choice.

Reactions: JOHN72

Capt Morgan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2020
Dallas, Texas
I only knew that Savinelli owned Rossi from an article I read just the other day. Another reason I purchased it. ;) I have a Brigham, Stanwell, and Peterson all coming in next week. So excited not only to try them, but to start collecting too.

Arrrgh... I needs a nice rack to show off my booty

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have five or six pipes bought at my local independent pipe shop, and five or six from my go-to carver who sells only at the state fair and the TAPS pipe show, but all the others were bought online. Except for my first pipe that I bought at a long-gone Tinderbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.