PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
My wife went to a huge antique show for a couple days and came home with a Wally Frank Oom Paul that she acquired for $15. This is my first Oom Paul (or Kruger, or Hungarian, or whatever you wish to call it). It was in beautiful shape, and after a good cleaning, I spent several hours enjoying bowl of Waffle Cone in it. Nice smoker.
wally-frank-oom-paul-2-600x450.jpg

wally-frank-oom-paul-1-600x450.jpg

wally-frank-oom-paul-3-600x450.jpg

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Nice, find! I'd say you're wife did well! The pipe cleaned up really nice. I have two Wally's but one is a Canadian and one is a Billiard. They both smoke nice. My only Oom Paul is a Savinelli Dry System from the late 80's and it is also a nice smoker. Happy puffin',
Dave

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
That is a looker. I like the look of Oom Pauls, although they don't work very well for me to smoke. I smoke in a relatively reclined position a lot of the time, so full bent pipes tend to hit my chest/neck. Especially in the colder months when bulkier clothing is required :)

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Wow, great looking Oom Pauls gents!
Coincidentally, I'm in the middle of a bowl of ODF in my only Oom Paul, a Savinelli. This particular pipe is my dedicated dark-fired burley pipe. It's a decent smoker, but not nearly as ascetically pleasing as the pics posted here. Hope they smoke well for you fellas.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Back to the first post, your wife has a great sense for pipes and prices! Great job. Your pipe agent in residence.

That's a nice example of the classic shape, and the rest of these Oom-Pauls really show the range of versions.

It's one of the most distinctive classic shapes.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
My very first 'favorite' pipe was an Oom Paul. couple of years ago i picked up a Dunhill.
The shape and look are terrific, challenge being getting a pipe cleaner through the thing!
DunhillOomPaulgroup4-5_zpsb95770b0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.