PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
P10100662.jpg

Not big but it's a sweet looking pirate. Just couldn't resist.
(I've also decided I need a new camera. All the other pics were too crappy to post.)

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
Sorry. Should have included the brand with the picture.
It's a Paykoc block Meerschaum with a Lucite stem. Crafted in Turkey.

mikemacrdlnds

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 21, 2011
Beautiful Meerschaum Father, however you made a big mistake. You are going to find that Meerschaums will become habit-forming. I have over 30 briars and 6 Meers, and smoke my Meers about 90% of the time.

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
Thanks for the congrats guys. It's been fun trying it out. The kids think it looks sooooo "epic". The people from my old parish up in Michigan are laughing at me (I once let it out in a sermon that I was a gamer who liked to be a pirate on-line; I've never lived it down).
I love the clean taste of the tobacco smoked in it. Although I made the mistake of letting my wife pick out the free tobacco that Schwab's includes with the purchase of a pipe. She chose "Island Pleasure". Tastes like a Mounds bar. :rofl:

puffin

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2010
I like it! I usually prefer smaller pipes, and this one fits the bill. You will have to keep us informed as the pipe colors.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Congratulations on your first meer! I'm getting my first meer soon. I have a meer-lined pipe though, and it smokes wonderfully. I f you don't have a meer-lined pipe, I suggest you invest in one, they're wonderful.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I got one but about 23 bowls in and a crack formed from the top of the bowl down the side and ended at the stem. Its a shame the shank is starting to show color after sitting now for a month. I found out it is pressed not block, so that's probably why. I didn't read very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.