PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Every Meer I have had so far has had such a restricted airway that I have either resold them or modified the stem.
Definitely no expert on this but I think if the pipes were drilled 4mm all the way through and the tenon was 4mm instead of 3mm it would greatly improve the draw.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
Great looking meer's , now you have me wanting one bad. I guess the only way to fix that is to pull the triger on one as soon as I can lay the funds aside. :lol:

clyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
Been spoiled by flavor of King Briar. Have some meerschaums and appreciate a lot of their qualities but stay with briar. If this is your first meer bear in mind the fragile nature of these pipes. It's easy to crack a bowl just beacause of a little to much heat. I've found it's safer to run a cleaner through after each smoke (given the pipe is built such that it will go through) rather than taking it down to pieces for cleaning. Cake maintenance is a little more fragile to maintain and if neglected can cause a bowl crack also. They really build a lot of character and go through many coloring stages with time. There are a gazillion bits of advice you'll get from dedicated meer smokers so be ready for it. Enjoy your new acquisition!

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks for the tips clyde and welcome to the forum. Yes I do like you say and just run a cleaner down the stem. When it reaches the transition from the stem to the shank a slight twist lets the cleaner continue on through the smoke hole to the bowl. As you've noted the fragile nature of these pipes is why I went with the stout thick walled shape that I did.
I have been smoking my meer almost exclusively since I got it but I did smoke a briar last night and I find I like the wood as much as ever. The meer is just different and adds a new dimension to my appreciation of the pipe and tobacco.
:puffy:

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I'll be getting a Storient Cutty as soon as I have the funds. When I got broke and had to sell my pipe collection, my straight Dublin meer was one of the three pipes I kept.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Thanks Yav! That's me the first day out with my new full auto Tippmann X-7 paintball rifle. Shoots 13 balls per second and I carry 1,000 rounds. I've just popped that sweet smoke grenade and have been shot; my raised hand means I'm dead - I'm not happy.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
Nice Pipe. As far as I know, I am on the list to get one. Can't wait, as I love the purity of flavors I get from a Meer. Especially with VAs. When I smoke something like SG FVF in a meer, the sweetness really sings. Glad to hear production is coming along!

will

Might Stick Around
Jul 8, 2012
I just checked out the Storient site and some of those pipes are just incredible looking.

One of these will be mine in the near future.

Normally I shy away from anything overly fancy but I can see myself with one of the figured pipes.

Great stuff.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
After two weeks the rim has developed some color.
0012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.