PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Clang:
What's there not to like? You've made a handsome free standing poker with thick walls that should make for a cool smoke.
You did good, pal.
Fnord

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Nicely done! Good rustic appearance with pronounced grain. I can see you smoking this sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch of a wooden cabin. For a first effort, fantastic!

Jan 8, 2013
Well done. A few of us here have caught the "make your own pipe" bug. It's very rewarding, and watching your very own pipe take form in your own hands gives you a whole other appreciation of pipes. I'm working on another one myself now, and it really is quite fun. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your pipes if you're inclined to do more. Nice pipe, enjoy the heck out of it. :)

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Well done!

That's a real good looking pipe.

I'm going to try and make a pipe myself soon.

Enjoy. :puffy:

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
Oh wow! I'm impressed.
I like that rustication. It reminds me of a tree bark pattern.
I think everyone should try to make a pipe at least once. It's worth the experience.

foah

Lurker
Mar 8, 2015
You guys are joking right? You wanted to know what the definition of a pipe turd is. This fits the bill perfectly. Keep making crappy pipes. Pun intended.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
foah, did you join the forum just to bash others and be an ass?

Enjoy it while it lasts because you probably won't be around very long!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Gotta love the pipe making experts. Are you a pipe maker Foah? If so show us some of your work. Actually I'm glad that most of the pipe crafstmen that I have interacted with are humble and share constructive criticism. They are encouragers and care about their brothers of the briar. that doesn't seem to be the case here.

jparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 22, 2014
Great looking pipe for a first try!

My first pipe wasnt much more than a branch with some holes and a MM cob stem shoved into the end lol.
@foah - jeez man cut him some slack! Constructive criticism is great but there has to be a bit of constructive to it for that to work. I agree with shaintiques, let's see some of your work!

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Congrats on your first pipe, I think it looks really good for your first try! I've noticed a lot of people on the board have been creating pipes lately and it's definitely motivating to learn more about it myself!

jparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 22, 2014
I like the rustication on your pipe, mine was a bit more "natural" LOL

20130317232224-600x450.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The only crap about that pipe, is the fact that I would smoke the crap out of it! Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.