unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
tenor.gif

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks guys!
I finally got it finished last night and it is now resting in my cube, lovingly cradling my tobacco and pipes. I still need to buy some more jelly jars, but for now, here it is:
20181108_093407-480x600.jpg

20181108_093433-482x600.jpg

20181108_093446-524x600.jpg

20181108_114913-600x392.jpg

20181108_114929-600x397.jpg

20181108_114940-600x295.jpg

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
This rack is perfect for my desk. I just opened it to get me a good dose of some Sleepy Hollow for a mid-morning pipe break and selected my pipe from the top. I'm loving it so far. Can't wait until I get some more smaller jars and take these larger ones home for my bulk storage. The mismatched jars irk me a tad, but I'll have it remedied soon.
I'm thinking of building some more of them and I'm planning a trip to the store this weekend to buy some walnut wood, something I don't have to stain, to see how one turns out with that. Might use the same trim, but just lacquer it and leave it natural for a bit of contrast.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Good job CCW...that's awesome.
Woodburn your name and the date you built it on the bottom or backside. One hundred years from now someone will find it..."Look, it's an original carolinachurchwarden"!
How do your co-workers feel about it? Didn't you post a while back that some were complaining of the smell while you were drying your tobacco?

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Woodburn your name and the date you built it on the bottom or backside. One hundred years from now someone will find it..."Look, it's an original carolinachurchwarden"!
Hahahaha, wouldn't that be something?! Won't be worth anything until I'm dead, like many great artists (funny how that works). :lol:
How do your co-workers feel about it? Didn't you post a while back that some were complaining of the smell while you were drying your tobacco?
They love it! I did have some complaining about it, but I've heard nothing but compliments since I have been smoking Sleepy Hollow and my Nording Hunter Blend Labrador. I have just been drying them on a plate at home and jarring them up to bring to the office. If I need a little more dry time, I just pull out a bowlful and sprinkle on my plate by my desk, I just don't use my fan anymore unless it's an aro.
Pulled out some Labrador a week or so ago and relished in hiding behind my cube walls while they were all searching for the source of maple syrup. It's supposed to be hazelnut, but it does have a little maple syrupy fragrance when smelled from a distance.
It's the Andullo that they all hated with a passion and it does smell really strong. I reckon a fermented cigar leaf can, though. :rofl:

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
Nice,Looked like you had fun making it.Enjoy for years!!I think I noticed you have some Rattray's exotic passion.How is it?I have been thinking about trying that blend for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.