Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 4, 2024
Ohio
Thanks for sharing. How do you carve the pipes? And what's the with metal wire on that first pic?

Well to be honest, it was a bit of a screw-up that worked out ok. Underneath that barrel-like thing is a metal rod connecting the body to the stem. It looked so odd, I needed to thicken it out. I cut little bits of wood into tiny planks, and glued them in the shape of a barrel, then wrapped it in wire to finish the ascetic. Not the prettiest pipe, but it taught me a lot!

Reactions: verporchting

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Well to be honest, it was a bit of a screw-up that worked out ok. Underneath that barrel-like thing is a metal rod connecting the body to the stem. It looked so odd, I needed to thicken it out. I cut little bits of wood into tiny planks, and glued them in the shape of a barrel, then wrapped it in wire to finish the ascetic. Not the prettiest pipe, but it taught me a lot!
Way to follow through and work out a solution.

Reactions: dottlejockey

/Adam\

Lurker
Jul 17, 2024
Pennsylvania
Dude keep at it. If these are your first attempts then I’m impressed. It looks like rather than try to achieve a standard shape you went with your own imagination. I assume you’re new to the pipe smoking world like me. Keep doing the research and learning all you can and maybe all the images will soak into your brain. Who knows your next sculpture will be a masterpiece. keep us posted on any new creation. 💯👍

Aug 4, 2024
Ohio
Dude keep at it. If these are your first attempts then I’m impressed. It looks like rather than try to achieve a standard shape you went with your own imagination. I assume you’re new to the pipe smoking world like me. Keep doing the research and learning all you can and maybe all the images will soak into your brain. Who knows your next sculpture will be a masterpiece. keep us posted on any new creation. 💯👍
Thanks! That means a lot. I’ve only done 4 so far, and each one looks better than the last. I’ll post pictures when I make the next one.

John Paul