PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I love that Nightcap for its high test Latakia and generous nicotine. For shear refinement and elegance, it's

Nat Sherman 536, with the Lat playing accompaniment and the nicotine on low. Then there are many and

various other crafted English blends -- GLP Westminster, Sutliff Westminster, Altadis Fox and Hound ....

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
+1 for Frog Morton Cellar and GL Pease Westminster. You should also try syrian Latakia. McClelland 3 Oaks Syrian and Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian should do the trick.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I had quite the similar experience with Nightcap when I first Gave it a whirl. I just couldn't put it quite as well as you did. I am actually smoking some now :) Anyway, I didn't know what The Almighty Latakia was about then, but I just knew I liked it. I'll never forget the S*** eating grin I had on my face. Now that you're hooked, Enjoy!
+1 on Frog Morton Cellar

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
English blends are my favorite, and yes I am a Latakia lover. There's very few English blends I don't like.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I smoked some Pirate Kake last night, that was a nice lat bomb, different in many ways but oh so nice. I'll be putting up a review soon.

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
EMP was my first, but nightcap was the first tobacco to kick me on my ass.

GOTTA love the Englishes(Lat especially) though, they brought my involvement with pipes from an interest to a love. :)

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
I tried my first latakia (965) over ten years ago. I was not a fan. Since then my palate has grown up, which is weird since I only smoked a pipe once or twice for those ten years. In the last year, latakias have really captured my interest more than I ever thought they would. Right now I am smoking about 50/50 latakia blends and Virginia forward blends. I currently have the follow lats open:
Lancer's Slices

Penzance

Pease Odyssey

Pease Maltese Falcon

Ten Russians

Stokkebye Proper English

Smokers Haven Exotique

HU Fayyum Kake
Talk about an irresistible line-up.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
This thread has me super excited to try an English blend now. Good descriptions, fellas. I've only tried a handful of aromatics and have been wondering what the stronger stuff is like. I'll look for the Frogs and Nightcap on Cyber Monday.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Nice story. Nightcap is a nice smoke. I take it slow as to not get a big nic hit, but it is good. If you haven't done so already try some Blue Mountain (aka Balkan Blue). That's a great blend and one of my favorites.

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
Blue Mountain sounds awsome Im a huge fan of balkans lately,

been smoking LOTS of LAT flake, and HH ten to midnight, They had some blue mountain at my local B&M might pick it up next paycheck.

and I agree this thread is making me english hungry :puffpipe:

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I wound up getting into English blends early, thanks to this forum. After describing my first experiences with what turned out to be Lane's 1-Q, several folks suggested trying out some Englishes, and at the time, the Black Bloods were posting all over the place, so when I put in my first sampler order, I split it 50-50 between aromatic blends and English blends, plus a tin of Black House.
It was an educational experience. Of the 3 aros, the only one I'm likely to order again was Vermont Meat Candy, but I have yet to come across a Latakia blend that I wouldn't happily smoke again.

Status
Not open for further replies.