My First Commissioned Pipe (Abe Herbaugh)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
New Cigars
31 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
3 Fresh Tom Eltang Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
Title edited for capitals. Rule 9. It's short and sweet.

I recently got a new job and I decided to celebrate by commissioning a pipe, something I had never done before.

I'm a big fan of Sixten Ivarsson, being born and raised very close to where he was from but obviously mostly loving the shapes. I had seen Abe Herbaughs pipes for a while on different places on the internet and I was impressed by them and I figured he was in part inspired by Sixten so I decided to send him an email and see how it went.

After some communication I decided to go with it and commission a pipe from him. I sent him a collage of some Sixten shapes and let him decide where to go with it, to give him some artistic freedom.

I'm very happy with how it came out, it looks beautiful and feels great in hand.

20240517_205128.jpg
20240517_221945.jpg
20240517_192944.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
That's an impressively high end pipe for your first commission but I think you're right that Abe was the man for the job given what you were looking for.

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
It is my highest end pipe for sure. I think you are right that he was the right man for the job. I had been considering commissioning a pipe for probably a year up to now just hadn't figured out exactly what yet. The timing gave me a reason to go for it and I'm glad I did.

Reactions: Scottmi

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden

rmcnabb

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2024
Wow, you nailed it. I adore that aesthetic - nobody does perfect stems and beautiful metal ferrule rings like the Danes. I'm a Neerup/Jeppesen addict for this reason. I guess I have to add West Virginia into that mix!

Reactions: marlow-se

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
Wow, you nailed it. I adore that aesthetic - nobody does perfect stems and beautiful metal ferrule rings like the Danes. I'm a Neerup/Jeppesen addict for this reason. I guess I have to add West Virginia into that mix!
Thanks! I have kept an eye on the Neerup pipes that come up here and there but haven't come across the right one yet, usually they are a bit too heavy for my taste. Lots of pretty pipes though!
I wouldn't try to dissuade you, I only have good things to say about Abe Herbaugh and his talents.

Reactions: rmcnabb