PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

select565

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2020
personally I am one of three people here who prefer old dominion cobs with the bamboo reed stems.
How do these feel when clenching? Was thinking about buying one to try out. Also curious why they are on the pricier side as far as MM goes

Reactions: weezell

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I’ve looked at those, and they look cool to me. How do they compare insofar as the airflow compared to the mm ?
How do these feel when clenching? Was thinking about buying one to try out. Also curious why they are on the pricier side as far as MM goes
I find the airflow better. It's tighter and closer to a typical briar. I find that intensifies and marries the flavors better but that could just be me.
As far as clenching it's not hard but it's really different and counter intuitive. I now find it easy but not at all at first. It's all about placement.
In short though they're pretty cheap so why not try one just to check it out. Also like the cob better even if it's more fragile then what M.M. typically uses.
Why pricier maybe because they're not the people who make them just work on the selling and distribution side.