PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Here’s my first attempt to make a pipe from a kit. I used a hand saw, files and sanding blocks except for the dremel tool to rusticate. That was out of necessity, I didn’t even have a clamp or a work table - I had to buy & bolt a clamp to a 2x6 straddling 2 folding saw horses. I hand filed a forever stem to fit the smaller drilling, I love their look. I may flatten the shank and fit the black stem that came with it. Smoked it last night! Seemed like it might be an OK smoker after some break in!

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I’ve made a pipe the same way and I commend you. Briar is HARD wood and I definitely gained some muscle using hand tools. Great job!

Reactions: danimalia

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bravo. I like the duo textured bowl on that baby, and the stain with the stem. That's a keeper for life. And I think you'll get a lot of leaf smoked in it too.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Here’s my first attempt to make a pipe from a kit. I used a hand saw, files and sanding blocks except for the dremel tool to rusticate. That was out of necessity, I didn’t even have a clamp or a work table - I had to buy & bolt a clamp to a 2x6 straddling 2 folding saw horses. I hand filed a forever stem to fit the smaller drilling, I love their look. I may flatten the shank and fit the black stem that came with it. Smoked it last night! Seemed like it might be an OK smoker after some break in!

View attachment 17336
That pipe really has a nice overall aesthetic, if thats your first effort with what you had, i wouldnt say some investment in tools would be a waste of money :)

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Flat out AWESOME Job on a first pipe, Better than my first! (I didn't think Id been carving long enough to say this, I've finished only 4)

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
ADUI - thanks, I loved your cube pipe, it's hard not to knock it off. Great design.
CASUAL - yes, I love thick chambers and large pipes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.