PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
I picked this old yello bole premier up in a lot of pipes a while back and noticed it had a small crack in the shank it has been sitting in a pile waiting to go off to Tim West with some pipes that need new stems. My original thought was to make a brass band out of some 50 cal pistol brass but it was way to small as the shank measured out to .63 then I remembered that my wife keeps tons of jewelry and asked her if she had any small rings. She had 2 that she wears as pinky rings and this one would fit down about 1/4 of the way. So off to the garage I went and fired up the propane torch. I heated it until I saw the copper starting to burn off, I had the lights out, and then slipped it on and tapped it down with a rawhide mallet. A little bit of polish, which I had to redo so the wolves would stay black and viola my first banding attempt was a complete success. I almost forgot the ring is sterling silver.
GEDC0393_zpsfe46c455.jpg

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Thanks guys now I just cant seem to shut my noggin off and every now and then it turns out a good idea :)

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
The best part is the wife gave it to me so no chance of "Is that my ring?" followed by much couch time :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I love it. A Yellow Bole with an engraved band. How cool is that? You have to go to your pipe club

or some pipe club and mystify them. Cover the Yellow Bole "Y" if any, and have a contest for who can

figure out what it is for a bag of tobacco.

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Why its the super rare yello bole with running wolves on a silver band model, I hear they only made one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.