PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I do, buried somewhere. I used it as a prop to hold up other pipes I restored for pics. I’ll search later. It’s 5am. I’ve got to sleep I think.
Don't go digging for it, it's time that could be better spent on your next project!
And I hope you post photos of your next pipe project, in stages from beginning to end. This would be very instructive for those of us who haven't made one.

Reactions: Peter - CCB

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Don't go digging for it, it's time that could be better spent on your next project!
And I hope you post photos of your next pipe project, in stages from beginning to end. This would be very instructive for those of us who haven't made one.
I am going to. I’m doing some vids for restoration how-to, this week and Mr Brog actually sent me a couple hobby blocks for free.. so I’ll be doing a video on that and giving that one away, and at least pics or more for the next one. I bought a goose neck style tripod for ease of use. I can put it on my patio umbrella for a top down view

Reactions: beargreasediet

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Great job. How does it smoke, or have you not give it a run yet?
I’m not going to smoke it. Honestly, I have too many pipes and too many in my rotation already. I added the last pipe I made to my rotation. I’m in the middle of making a stamp and I’ll probably sell it. I’ve had requests… I’ve no idea how to price it…. I price pipes all day long, but not my own…

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Very well done my good sir. Does it smoke as good as it looks?
Not smoking it. I’ve got too many in my rotation anyway. I’ll prob sell it. Been looking at it. Lol. Ive never sold my own pipes, just restorations. Still waiting on a stamp to arrive. i started another now. :) its a bit smaller of a block and going for a slightly different shape. But a freehand still.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I used almost entirely a Dremel and sandpaper for shaping. No files this time.

Made some mistakes and just didn’t think of things like being able to get the wheel into the space between… :) found work around etc. Lol. Learning about burl, removing bark and so on. stem blank. I didn’t reshape this stem or anything. Just removed the mold lines and buffed/polished/waxed and bent it. anyway …
NICE !!!

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
I used almost entirely a Dremel and sandpaper for shaping. No files this time.

Made some mistakes and just didn’t think of things like being able to get the wheel into the space between… :) found work around etc. Lol. Learning about burl, removing bark and so on. stem blank. I didn’t reshape this stem or anything. Just removed the mold lines and buffed/polished/waxed and bent it. anyway …
Very nice job!