PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2020
San Diego
TLDR: I'm thinking about trying my own blend by soaking Kentucky dark or white burley in bourbon and brown sugar. is this a good idea and how should I?

So my father (I have a very strained relationship with him) told a story about his Grandpa Dana. Dana grew tobacco in the Ohio River Valley (probably white burley, maybe Kentucky fired) and would twist leaves in a layer in the bottom of a styrofoam cooler, sprinkle brown sugar, pour some bourbon on the top, and start the next layer until he got to the top. Then he'd throw the top on, seal it with with duct tape, and open it next harvest.

Anyways, on day, Dana caught my dad smoking a cigarette and opened a cooler and made my dad take a chew.

I'd like to recreate that. I can get white burley in ribbons or twists, as well as Kentucky dark fired in the same. I thinking of soaking it in a "simple syrup" of brown sugar and bourbon for a long time in a mason jar. Any advice other than to just go with my gut?

Reactions: ChuckMijo

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
It definitely sounds like a fun experiment. Please take pictures, try your blends and report back with your positive or negative experiences.??????

Status
Not open for further replies.