PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rmklaw

Lurker
May 21, 2022
I ordered my first Fancy Meershaum pipe from Sinan Altinok in Ankara, Turkey. What a wonderful experience dealing with Sinan. A real gentleman and outstanding customer service. The pipe arrived via DHL in 3 days. It was beautiful. Unfortunately I found a hairline stress crack in the shank. Hard to tell what happened or if it was a temperature variation during shipment. Regardless, I contacted Sinan to explain the issue. He immediately responded to select another pipe and he would send it at no charge. I selected a more expensive pipe and offered to pay the difference. Sinan would not accept the difference and was very apologetic about the issue. He shipped the replacement pipe last Friday and it arrived today.. Beautiful pipe and perfect.

The whole experience of dealing with Sinan Altinok has been great. Great merchant, great customer service and trust-worthy, and Sinan makes you feel confident about purchasing an expensive pipe half-way around the world. Will buy again from him.

Attachments

• IMG_4409.jpg
    IMG_4409.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 46

MarcosEZLN

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Birch Bay, WA, USA
I've only heard great things about Altinok pipes, and reading his occasional posts on various forums gives the impression he's a stand up guy. Nice to hear it confirmed.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I hope someone can explain why these Altinok morta & meerschaum calabashes are not worth the price...because I fear I may end up purchasing one in my sleep.

dd1067a94-1200x675.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So given that the bowl is meerschaum with both a gourd and the morta, what would you expect the difference to be in smoking characteristics over time...if any?
Likely no different than a straight meerschaum. The benefit of it not being gourd would be the lack of multiple smokes to get the full flavor of the tobacco. Given the typical small size of the meerschaum cap, it would likely not take long to get past the chalkiness.