PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Probably will try a sanding after all. It’s a pipe for learning all about cleaning meer, so I am ready to try anything but cutting it in half to see what’s inside, lol.
Just need the new micro mesh to arrive from Amazon.
Please show your results!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Bought it from MeerschaumMarket a few months ago. I smoked it for 30 bowls straight, and noticed its coloring strangely.
I don't want to assume it's translucent, but I haven't seen "coloring" like this.

Right at the connection between stem and shank, is see through. But it looks like it was clear, and then painted white. But I know that isn't the case. That's what I'm most curious about. And the spots where my hand rests, you can see the "layers" inside.
On the bottom of the shank, looks like dark fingerprints. But they don't wipe off like my other meers that collect dirt and fingerprints.
Here is the before, when new.
View attachment 170186
View attachment 170187
And 31 bowls in.
View attachment 170179View attachment 170180View attachment 170182View attachment 170183View attachment 170184

It is really hard to get decent pictures of these damn meers. Either too dark to see, or too bright and it washes the color out.
Anywho, It has been a great smoker for only 50 bucks. I just like watching them change.
he my cheapo seconds meer I got years ago is coloring like that too. I am going slow with smoking it cause it's way to fun watching what it's doing. But yes it's really fun when you get more color in and can pick apart the layers visually.

Reactions: didimauw

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Bought it from MeerschaumMarket a few months ago. I smoked it for 30 bowls straight, and noticed its coloring strangely.
I don't want to assume it's translucent, but I haven't seen "coloring" like this.

Right at the connection between stem and shank, is see through. But it looks like it was clear, and then painted white. But I know that isn't the case. That's what I'm most curious about. And the spots where my hand rests, you can see the "layers" inside.
On the bottom of the shank, looks like dark fingerprints. But they don't wipe off like my other meers that collect dirt and fingerprints.
Here is the before, when new.
View attachment 170186
View attachment 170187
And 31 bowls in.
View attachment 170179View attachment 170180View attachment 170182View attachment 170183View attachment 170184

It is really hard to get decent pictures of these damn meers. Either too dark to see, or too bright and it washes the color out.
Anywho, It has been a great smoker for only 50 bucks. I just like watching them change.
That’s a very nice looking meer! I’m looking to add a second to my stable as a ‘beater meer’ that I’m more comfortable taking out and about. I have my fancy Altinay that stays at home but was looking at Paykoc and Meerschaum Market in particular as options. Do you or does anyone else have any experience with Paykoc?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That’s a very nice looking meer! I’m looking to add a second to my stable as a ‘beater meer’ that I’m more comfortable taking out and about. I have my fancy Altinay that stays at home but was looking at Paykoc and Meerschaum Market in particular as options. Do you or does anyone else have any experience with Paykoc?
I've never dealt with Paykoc, but if "beater meer" is what you wish, another good option is therightpipe.com

Meers in every price range. Very easy to navigate. I've ordered from there as well.