PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thank you all once again for your thoughts and prayers. They mean a lot. Nice pic of Buddy, on the swing with you Brad and Rad, I see Romeo resting on her bed.
BROBS, the vet called last night and said he didn't think she needed an X-Ray. If she had a good night and there is no more blood in her vomit, then she is coming home this morning.
Beautiful companions thee Desertrat.
I will update when she is home.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Getting a border collie to convalesce quietly will be a challenge, but hopefully she will sense the need to go slow. She has an understanding face.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Thank you all once again for your thoughts and prayers. They mean a lot. Nice pic of Buddy, on the swing with you Brad and Rad, I see Romeo resting on her bed.
BROBS, the vet called last night and said he didn't think she needed an X-Ray. If she had a good night and there is no more blood in her vomit, then she is coming home this morning.
Beautiful companions thee Desertrat.
I will update when she is home.
Great!!! Hope you can figure out what happened so she doesn’t get into something etc again... that can be the hardest part !!

Glad to hear she’s doing better.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Do dogs get ulcers? If they do, border collies might be prone, being as wired as they are. Those are well controlled in people, so I suspect they are in dogs as well.

Reactions: radrick96

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So many great dogs living with members. Great buddies. Cats too, as I've seen in the past. We have two Maine Coon type rescues, kittens out of a drainpipe; we had no idea they'd look so pedigree, just fuzzy and cute. They're not huge, just fluffy, one lanky, a mackerel tabby and one portly gray with beautiful fades and a few subtle stripes. Dogs, cats, horses, burros, etc., have interesting complicated characters, when you pay attention.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
People are the problem and the solution. While at work on the solution, and before and after, avail yourself of the love of a pet whose heart is unchanging.

Last edited:
Reactions: shikano53 and BROBS

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hi All. I'm glad to report that Jill is home. She has four different meds including antibiotics and a few others to get he stomach and digestive track working correctly again. Apparently at some point in the night she chewed through her IV line. I'm not clear on all the details but I think she, a Golden Retriever and a beagle were going to make a break for it and head for the border but they got busted before they could put their plan into action. ;)
Anyway she is home, and I'm very glad it was caught when it was and the vet was able to diagnose and treat.
Thanks again for all your positive thoughts, prayers and comments. They worked!

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hi All. I'm glad to report that Jill is home. She has four different meds including antibiotics and a few others to get he stomach and digestive track working correctly again. Apparently at some point in the night she chewed through her IV line. I'm not clear on all the details but I think she, a Golden Retriever and a beagle were going to make a break for it and head for the border but they got busted before they could put their plan into action. ;)
Anyway she is home, and I'm very glad it was caught when it was and the vet was able to diagnose and treat.
Thanks again for all your positive thoughts, prayers and comments. They worked!
Fantastic news! Vincent and I are very happy for Jill, you and your family.

23BA6191-CA3C-4257-AE1C-51A4E2A2001F.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It is great to hear Jill's home with meds to heal. Heal, Jill, heal. Both our cats have had overnights at the vet hospital(s), and both are now in good health. Administering meds is always an adventure, even more with cats, but when they begin to thrive again, it is almost a happy memory. May she be good company and her amazing self for years to come.

Reactions: shikano53

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Border collies are the best. Romeo doesn’t bark, doesn’t bite, always listens. It was the hardest 8 months of my life training him(i rescued him from the wild) but he’s given me 8 of the best years of my life. Can’t sneak out of the room without him following me. Never need a leash. Just a lot of brushing and treats. Used to be if I couldn’t take him someplace, we wasn’t going. Haha

We are glad to hear Jill is home and on the mend. We will continue to cheer for her.

Reactions: shikano53