PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckley01

Lurker
Dec 8, 2011
In October I went to the Doctor for a general check up..I was fine blood pressure was great, very healthy. They measured my weight as they routinely do and to my surprise I was the heaviest I had ever been. They were nice about it, said it was the shoes...I knew better. At that moment I thought hmm 50lbs by 50 years old. I started at 267 lbs....this morning 2 days before the January 19th My 50th birthday,

216 lbs. This is cool. Happy Birthday to Me!
I would like to say I accomplished this through Beer and pipe tobacco, but that was only part of it....the good part.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Very nicely done sir ! Happy birthday to you !
Coming from a family where weight challenges run amok, I know how hard it is. I'm the exception though.. I have my dad's genes which means skinny dude.. no hair ;-)

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Congrats! My wife currently is doing a vegetarian diet to lose some weight before a wedding we have to go to in about 4 months.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Well Done! :clap:

Not trying to hijack your post, but I remember going through basically the same thing. I went to the doctor and weighed in at a whopping 310. with a 52 in waistline. I said enough was enough. Four years later, after a lot of eating less and moving more, I'm now 173 with a 36 in waist. Needless to say, I feel a whole lot better. You and I are proof it can be done, but it isn't easy.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Well done. Happy birthday and congratulations!
It just takes motivation and discipline, but definitely easier said than done.
Now you have to keep it there and not go back in the other direction. Good work.

buckley01

Lurker
Dec 8, 2011
Thanks guy's it is kind words like these that will help with the motivation! I am on to the next goal of 200 lbs. Thanks again for the support. My reward for yesterday ( getting to the 50 by 50 early) was an extra glass of Malbec and a bowl of Mac Baren HH Syrian. Suggestions for my under 200 reward?

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Awsome job and Happy Birthday! I'm sure that hitting your next goal will be accomplished also. Treat yourself to that pipe you may have been looking at when you hit it. Keep up the great work!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Congratulations, my friend, and Happy birthday. I, too, lost about 35 pounds in the last year, and it's well worth the effort. Stick with it!

buckley01

Lurker
Dec 8, 2011
53 pounds down as of this morning my 50 th Birthday! Well on my way to the new goal to weigh 200 lbs. Only 14 away!

buckley01

Lurker
Dec 8, 2011
53 pounds down as of this morning my 50 th Birthday! Well on my way to the new goal to weigh 200 lbs. Only 14 away!

Status
Not open for further replies.