PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I had this giant piece of Makis, and I like big pipes…. so I had to make this biggazz Dublin. I had no choice in the matter - no say whatsoever. It’s almost 2.25” in diameter and a little over 7” long - not good for clenching. But I love it, I’ve been smoking it since I drilled it. It’s my first parabolic chamber, my first oval stem, my first rustication with a home made nail tool, my first drill longer than my drill press travel. It’s starting out to be a favorite smoker!
big-azz-dublin.jpg
big-azz-dublin-side.jpg
big-azz-dublin-rust.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Really nice rustication and the stain trim on the briar picks up the color of the tortoise shell stem. Great eye with design there. I might have chosen to give the chamber a little wider diameter, to reduce the weight a bit and give a bigger chamber for a longer smoke, but you sure don't have to worry about it warming up on your hand. Always a cool smoke. Really a handsome pipe. I've been enjoying my larger pipes lately, for a long smoke or intermittent smoke from a single bowl.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Really nice rustication and the stain trim on the briar picks up the color of the tortoise shell stem. Great eye with design there. I might have chosen to give the chamber a little wider diameter, to reduce the weight a bit and give a bigger chamber for a longer smoke, but you sure don't have to worry about it warming up on your hand. Always a cool smoke. Really a handsome pipe. I've been enjoying my larger pipes lately, for a long smoke or intermittent smoke from a single bowl.
Might should have, I was anxious to use this parabolic shape though. It would have worked well with a 7/8 spade I have. But I really like the parabolic. It burns to the last with almost no dottle.317430F8-7098-48F8-8FD7-9FC71A89C800.png

Status
Not open for further replies.