PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
This is a group picture of my beginner's collection. Most of these were gifts to me from great guys that wanted to encourage my new obsession. Actually the only two I've bought myself are the Yello-Bole (first pipe I ever smoked) and the Peterson Kapet #69.
p10100661-600x450.jpg

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
Not sure why the picture isn't showing up but I'll try again later.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Sweet collection! I love the one on the far left with the double metal band.
I think the thing that you were missing from making the picture work from your album was that you copied the URL of your album rather than the image's address/URL. I get this by right clicking on the image itself in my album and selecting "Copy Image Address" and pasting it into the window that pops up after I click the IMG button. It may be slightly different for you depending on you browser and OS.
Hope this helps.
-Jason

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
I love the one on the far left with the double metal band.
That one is a unique piece. It is a soldier's pipe from the civil war. The bowl is alabaster and the stem is ivory. The alabaster bowl is broken so it is not smokeable but otherwise...great to own a piece of history. BTW, the leather case for it is also original. Here's a closer look.
p1010080-600x450.jpg

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
Nice start on your collection. I particularly like the carved Swiss/German briar in the center. I collect this type of pipe and enjoy smoking them as part of my part time job here in Hermann.
Very glad to have you with us.
Col Sam Kentucky Militia

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
( Nice start )You got the fever now!!! it's only going to get worst. I know 70+ and 5 more in the mail right now comming it's a disease and there no cure!! :puffy:

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
@frtimmyd I will show you what will happen next, if my upload will work this is my top cab,
DSCN0430-1.jpg
and this is my bot cab,
DSCN0435-1.jpg
and here is all together,
DSCN0426-1.jpg
i hope this works :puffpipe:

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
sorry the photos are not up to date i have a few more added since the photos were taken mid summer i will try to get a updated photo soon, if i can slow down on buying (it's xmas time to me) ps my wife is so good to me :clap:

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
That one is an Aldo Velani "Chianti". I'm not sure if Velani makes it anymore. I certainly haven't found it online yet.
Oh and, PJM03, my wife has already put me on a spending cap. :crying:

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
I collect this type of pipe and enjoy smoking them as part of my part time job here in Hermann.
Do you have any tips on smoking these? I've had a terrible time getting it to smoke. I'm wondering if there may be a problem with the cloth stem at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.