PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyb

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2012
a7c45488-1.jpg

Nothing special after 3 weeks, but they give me a rotation until I can upgrade. Top is my first. Dr G. Next is another Dr G I got off the bay. The bottom is a Kaywoodie I thought was cool looking. Sorry for the crappy cell pic.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Congrats ! That's a nicer starter set than I had, so very good job there.
Enjoy the road ahead :puffpipe:

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Is that captain black I see. :wink:

great Scott those are rather tall bowls, good show

Cheers

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I really like the last pipe with the rectangular bowl. Really shows of the grain nicely. Good starter set for sure!

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
002-099-2561.jpg

Here's one that looks like it would compliment the style of your collection.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
A great start, I'm digging that Kaywoodie in the middle!
Ain't no woodie Al! That's a Grabow shape 39.looks like a Viscount.Stem logo does look like the Kaywoodie logo though in that pic.
Scottyb,is the top pipe a Duke?
All three very nice,really like the shape of that Kaywoodie!

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
Very nice rotation you've got. Hope you're enjoying them as often as possible. :puffy:

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
A very nice collection. Now in 6 months that will probably quadruple from a rare but expensive disorder. 8O

scottyb

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2012
Top one is a duke and the middle is a viscount. The bottom is a kaywoodie hi-bowl. Thanks for the compliments!

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
That looks like a great and sensible start to pipe smoking. A rotation is important, but you don't need to go mad - of course you may want to go mad once the PAD takes hold!
I'd suggest adding a corn cob from MM as a cheap way of adding another pipe to your growing collection.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
...and so it begins. Treat them well and you'll still be loving these pipes 40 years hence.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yep. I just went back to my first pipe about a week or so ago. It is a no-name English estate pipe in a plain billiard shape. I was surprised at how well it smoked! Better than I remember! Then I remembered I've gotten a lot better at smoking my pipes since then. Time flies! I plan to go back to my good old pipe more often.
I love that Kaywoodie Square pipe and always wondered if anyone had one!

Status
Not open for further replies.