Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Got my Molto Dolce today! I'll try it in the next day or so. I've got so many open tins now, I hate to open another one. But, you know I'm gonna' have to open it for a taste. I can't hardly bare to have a tin of something I haven't tried yet just sitting there staring back at me from the shelf. 8O

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Okay, mine arrived today. It is a tin of Sutliff Private Stock Blend No. 5. I was hoping for Navigator, mostly because I want the tin (it has a lovely ship on its picture), but for free I won't complain!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I got mine 6 months after my request, better late than never right? It was Great Outdoors, man that stuff just does not taste good at all, tried it several times in differint pipes.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
@Eric - what's wrong with Great Outdoors, as in, what do you not like about it? I ask because I have a tin of it coming for Christmas and I'm always interested in my fellow pipe smoker's opinions about tobacco.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
It just tastes nasty, simple as that, funny thing is the description is nearly the same exact one as Moontrance, so I thought I would like it, nope! And Moontrance is one of my top favs.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I just had a bowl of the Blend No. 5, and in my opinion it is every bit as good as Dunhill's My Mixture #965, and at about half the price. P&C and SmokingPipes are selling 1.5oz tins of Sutliff Private Stock for $6.11, making it a good deal cheaper than the Dunhill blend. Nice body, tasty smoke, latakia was strong but not overpowering. I'm pretty darn happy with it, but of course YMMV.

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
I forgot all about this until today when to my surprise there was a tin of Private stock Number 5 in my mail box. i look forward to trying it out tomorrow.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
I got #5 in mail today here in Fla. Haven't tried it yet but the tin odor is similar to balkan sobraine.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I received a tin of No. 5 yesterday, but I'm not going to open it yet (too many tins open right now). I had forgotten that I'd sent in for the sample.
It is nice that they sent an entire tin. I hope the tobacco is as good as the marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.