PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
A while back I snagged a danish stanwell for $9 on eBay.
IMG_5537_zpssakvr00z.jpg

IMG_5532_zpsfldqcptk.jpg

I noticed someone had worked on it before, had some rounded edges on the stem, partly buffed off stamp on bottom. When I cleaned the rim off there was a big divot in it where someone banged it on something. So I talked to a pro, BIG thanks to Al (ssjones) for all the advice. I steamed out the indention, then sanded the bowl down. But on some black stain to show the grain a little better, sanded and buffed the stem, took off some of the stem stamp (still learning) fixed the lose tenon. All in all I think it turned out to be a pretty good $9 pipe and my first stanwell. Sorry all I have is my phone to take these pics with.
image_zpsz2f5eqil.jpeg

image_zpsnf1f6w2k.jpeg

image_zpsibutkvd7.jpeg

image_zpsbouh5tqd.jpeg

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Thanks guys, I finally got to finish this one on a wheel rather than my battery drill which made it much more enjoyable. :P

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
You did an outstanding job here! I have a lot of eBay Stanwells and I keep saying that I'm going to work on them, but I don't.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Mr Uperepik,what a Splendid job you performed,obviously You've got proper tools and very skilled hands,
just managed to snap broken the tenon part of a stem,shit happens, )

Blakemar Briar co uk, probly got to send it for resteming later on,and thats another $, the whole pipe wasen't more than$60)

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Good Job !! Looks great. Keep at it and I'll be sending you MY pipes soon.
Thanks, it's been fun learning. I can't wait till I get all setup where it's a bit easier.

jaq6q

Might Stick Around
Jul 5, 2015
Wow

My jaw dropped when I saw the "after" photos of the pipe.

Wow is all I can say. Boy... that is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.