PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Hello everyone, i finally have hit the triples and thought i should thank everyone for all the advise and friendly topics. While i am still very new at the pipe i am learning and doing what i can to help others along the path of pipe mastery. I will hopefully in the near future be making some pipes, and also be helping out on the forum as much as i can. I work night shift so i tend to be on here most of the night and find i love the random topics that come up.
One thing i have learned is that there is no bad/dumb questions. Everyone here is great peoples, very helpful and most have a passion to teach others about this vast world of pipe and tobacco. 1 key thing i have learned is that no matter what pipe you have take both pride and safety in your smoke. Do not get the pipe hot you may damage it, all pipes are apart of the person smoking it. You can find many different thoughts and ideas on pipe shapes, styles, and even the same type of pipe by the same company/person can have different tastes when smoked. All and all i am happy to have found a good group of like minded people who try to help others expand. thank you everyone.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Congratulations. I've learned more about our hobby in my time here than the previous 40+ years of smoking a pipe. This is the best place to hang out and I hope you continue to expand your knowledge and enjoy your time here.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've found the waters friendly here. But I don't get as involved as I might have done did I not represent 4noggins; my posts need to be business-like, which was not the case when I participated on other forums. There I found the price of stating opinions high, at times even when I took pains to entirely own them. Even when a one such as Mr. Pease posted, whose opinions seem to be more or less always substantive, based much more or fact than personal fiction, had his opinion brushed off as only expert among a world of other so-called experts who make their living by claiming expertise. In short the forums not only count in their membership the well-informed but also those who can only claim that title illegitimately, and who have no scruples posting irresponsibly.
Thus I try to post quickly, getting in and getting out with some amount of dexterity. I wish such care was not needed.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
@novicemaker just make sure you don't ask any questions about LOTR pipes that are environmentally friendly and contain no rubber, plastic,etc. and you will be fine (someone tried that once..or twice...or)
I'll second that sage advice! lol

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Have fun! There's a lot that gets shared here and a wide population of people involved. Overall I've enjoyed the time spent here and have found some very generous friends along the way. You'll learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
congrats on your 100! This is a great site and forum, I have learned and continue to learn a great deal about this amazing hobby. You will be amazed at how quickly you hit the 500 mark.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Congratulations!
+1 John. I love the chat on here and just stay out of stuff I'm not comfortable with, although there's very little of that. My only gripe - which still smarts - is the 36 posts I lost when the Big Nobs closed down the (in)famous StarCat thread. I'm still pushing for recognition for those who contributed to that unparalleled stream of wonderfully inane drivel!
Andy

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Thanks everyone, and for the 1000th milestone i hope to have a nice big picture of my collection of tobacco and pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.