PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
He didn't exactly inspire us with confidence with this podcast.
Yeah. Ah, well, I don't think I'll be watching much of him if at all anymore: I got what I needed from his Pipe 101 tutorials; plus, as he himself points out, PooTube is now slapping commercials up the wazoo, which has made me abandon the platform. Till a means of stripping the videos of commercials is found, I'll steer clear of YT.

Pondfisher

Might Stick Around
Dec 23, 2019
East Lansing, MI
Yeah. Ah, well, I don't think I'll be watching much of him if at all anymore: I got what I needed from his Pipe 101 tutorials; plus, as he himself points out, PooTube is now slapping commercials up the wazoo, which has made me abandon the platform. Till a means of stripping the videos of commercials is found, I'll steer clear of YT.
Does Adblocker not work anymore? I subscribe to Google Music which recently changed to Youtube music and you also get ad free Youtube because....you know....i pay them now. I'm Mother Google's bee-atch.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Does Adblocker not work anymore? I subscribe to Google Music which recently changed to Youtube music and you also get ad free Youtube because....you know....i pay them now. I'm Mother Google's bee-atch.
I'm using uBlock. Blocking by elements works to a point, but I've been unable to suss out which element is slapping the commercials on. Months ago they started inserting commercials in the middle of the videos—mighty annoying. For a while, going directly to their ad-free server by adding a period after the .com did the trick but they've since closed that hole, of course. Their engineers musta found a way around ad blockers as well. Of course, their aim is to sucker you into paying them a subscription, which I won't do, not just because I don't wanna get suckered into their platform, but also because by logging in you are not able to watch videos annonymously, and they want to keep full tabs on you and every piece of content you watch, not just keep their hands in your pocket.