PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
It just showed up on Amazon, so should be around for the next month.

I saw it several years ago and was hoping it would come back around.

This is NOT a comic book-y, superhero-y, action-filled film, but a documentary(ish) one that is scientifically plausible (within reason).

It's also terrifying.

Again, if you like hard science fiction, this is a must watch:

Screen Shot 2024-02-01 at 1.24.14 AM.png

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
Jake Jellyballs and the guy from Mint Mobile. Can't go wrong.

I usually can't do horror movies, but space horror I find strangely intriguing. I'll give this one a watch. Thanks for the suggestion!

Not really a horror, per-se, but we just watched Gravity the other day. Another interesting space movie.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Saw it in the theater several years ago. The effects were good but it adheres to too many tropes and the ending was predictable.

Reactions: woodsroad

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Saw it in the theater several years ago. The effects were good but it adheres to too many tropes and the ending was predictable.

Those "flaws" depend entirely on the watcher's level of experience, don't they? Books, movies, years lived, places seen, things done.

Plus, surprise endings are overated. Example: a movie about the Titanic can be titled Titanic, and still be the most popular movie ever made.

The best films are those that "teleport" you there... cause a type of immersion.

And if you like what 's come to be known as hard science fiction, Life will do it.