PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I've been smoking a pipe for about 3 years now, although I probably only average about one pipe a week.
After all this time, I guess I'm still kind of on the fence about latakia. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I lean more towards aromatics or burley blends, although I have five or six blends with latakia and occasionally do get a hankering for one of those English blends.
I tried Murray's 1810 Belfast, and I liked it quite a bit. It's mostly sweet with some mild topping, with just a hint of latakia--pretty mild and easy-going, to my taste. It reminded me a bit of Kramer's Cary Grant blend or Edward G. Robinson. For somebody neutral about latakia, this was up my alley.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, if you like burley, get thee to a Cornell & Diehl site and explore the offerings. They are the reigning burley and burley blend masters.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I've tried a couple C & D blends. John Marr was one I didn't care for--or at least it didn't care for me, as it bothered my throat.
I had a weird experience with Haunted Bookshop. I ordered one ounce as one of the first tobaccos I tried. It had a strange, musty, kind of funky smell--but I really liked it. Then I ordered another ounce from bulk a year later, and it smelled totally different--almost like it was a completely different blend. I'm not sure what to make of that.
I haven't explored their burley blends in depth, though. I'll have to check those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.