PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Got new glasses for the first time in about 8 years today. Smoking my new olive wood nose warmer, with some Rattrays Accountant's mixture. Drop a pic of yourself smoking a pipe in the comments...since I can now see what you look like,lol. 2021 will be the year my youngest turns 21...and I get bifocals, the oldness seems real
0612211108.jpg

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Got new glasses for the first time in about 8 years today. Smoking my new olive wood nose warmer, with some Rattrays Accountant's mixture. Drop a pic of yourself smoking a pipe in the comments...since I can now see what you look like,lol. 2021 will be the year my youngest turns 21...and I get bifocals, the oldness seems real
View attachment 84147
Nice “brow line” frames .??

The correct word you are looking for is portrait. Mugshot is for criminals who are going to jail.

Here is my portrait below.
  • New pair of glasses - check
  • After a long time - also check. I got my previous pair Dec 2018
  • Progressive lenses for the first time- Incredibly also check. Presbyopia was detected first time
  • Also, new hair cut
  • 79C98CA5-CCB7-4BC7-A063-DDAC3C582955.jpeg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Been wearing Tri focals for 20 years. You will get there!... rotf

LrZFTZv.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been in progressive lenses for about thirty years, as seen in my avatar, although those aren't my latest frames. When I planned to get them, I got all kinds of advice about how they'd make me feel dizzy and make me nauseated with the "motion" they created, and so on. I put them on and saw better, and easily learned to use the several areas of the lenses -- seem better than the distinct lines to me, and don't look quite so elderly, though I may. Specs are traumatic to some guys, but they seemed to suit me, bookish fellow that I am. I got tired of squinting at the blackboard in college, and finally got fitted for glasses going for officer candidate school, which I didn't make. After that, it was glasses optional for a few years, and then they just became a daily convenience. No hanging them on a chain or roosting them on my forehead. In boot camp I reminded all the guys with "part-time" glasses to bring them to the written test, in my capacity as "education officer" in the boot company.