PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Recieved my Lumberjack pipe and a review is in order! I've been wanting a large bowled pipe for some time now and decided to go full force on the matter and get the largest bowl per dollar pipe I could buy. Here are some of my observations:
-Good construction, feels great in the hand/forklift.

-The wide walls are definitely not a coincidence, pearwood apparently smokes much warmer than briar and the outside of the pipe gets warmer than you would think (smoke still is at most warm though so no problem)

-Bowl and empty draw smells and tastes of fresh pears, even the room note has a pear scent for the first few bowls, enjoyable in a way actually

-Charring/true light takes a few matches due to the massive size

-Reading is still enjoyable due to long stem

-The last 3rd of the bowl is epic, the draw is still very open but all of the built up flavours are there. Much different than the end of a regular bowl, very enjoyable

-Clenching only possible for a few seconds

-Averaging 1:45-2hr smoke
Verdict: Recommended, great value. Picture is with my Peterson POTY 2011 and an mm cob.
photo2-600x448.jpg

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
That looks like you cut a tree where a branch was coming out and drilled two whole. Wow that sucker is big. My jaw hurts just thinking about clenching that thing. What is the writing on top?
Not a bad review by the way. The only thing you left out was what blend you were smoking and how bowl you put through it before you gave the review. Thanks for posting. It more then my usual "it smokes great" lol.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
I read this while puffing on a MM hardwood...which could be used as a tamper in that thing!! What a great chunk of pipe!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
8O
Egad, that's huge... does it have its own moon?
Thanks for the comparative size shot - definitely gives the pipe some context.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a monster, glad to hear you like it and nice review. You should clench that for a minute before you light up all your other pipes and they will feel like you are clenching nothing. Kind of like a batter swinging 3 bats before he goes to the plate.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Thanks guys, and @eaglerico: I've so far smoked a couple bowls of London Mix, and a combo of Squadron Leader with Billy Budd. The images on top are of different characters like a wizard, cowboy, and jester all holding different pipes. @cigrmaster: Yes this is like going to the gym for clenching! haha

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
You found Paul Bunyon's nosewarmer lol. In all seriousness, great review and glad she smokes well for you. Congrats on the hefty acquisition and Enjoy!

marlboromoro

Lurker
Jun 30, 2013
I have one of these too and love it! Congrats! I agree regarding the pear smell and taste, a youtuber I found described the pear wood to give a bitter taste but I haven't found that at all, as you said, I found it quite pleasant.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
I recently discovered the Lumberjack and really want one but they are sold out as of now. Oh well hopefully they will make more. Hope you are enjoying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.