PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I'm thinking of trying out one of Mr Brog's pear wood pipes. For a couple of reasons I might try the #48 as my first choice. Anyone else tried this particular one? Like to know what you think of it.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261080111938&globalID=EBAY-US

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Never heard a bad thing on the forum yet about Mr. Brog Pipes. For that price, you might as well push the trigger. I think it might be cool to get a church just to see what its like from there.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
I'm smoking a brog right now. Get it! You won't regret at all I'm sure of it!

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Have several Brogs but not that one. However as a company/product I have been overally impressed with every pipe I have gotten from them.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Yep I'd say go for it for a $20 bill how could you go wrong. People on here speak very highly of Mr. Brog.

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
I say go for it...I just received two pipes from him. One is a pear tree and the other a briar. Have not smoked them yet, however, finish and quality are great! I will update once I get a chance to fire them up.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Here's the Amazon page for the Chochla pipe. It has a few reviews on it (though the Amazon reviews are not always the best).
http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Pipe-Chochla-Brown-Finish/dp/B005K1LCUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352308643&sr=8-1&keywords=ChoChla

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
just got their old kentucky model smokes great right out of the box :) smoked it all day yesterday, bit heavier than I expected but the sidewalls are fracking huge like half to three quarters of an inch huge. so definatly not a clencher :roll:

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I just got the 43 in the mail today, and I hope to fire it up soon. That 48 is really neat looking. If I like the 43 then maybe... :wink:

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have 5 Brogs and they are all good. I don't have your model, but I am quite sure you will be pleased with it. If I remember correctly, there is or was a member on here with the same model you have. I believe he said he liked it quite a bit.

wolfie90

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2012
Huntington wv
I bought the church warden one. I cant remember the exact model i got but its the one that doesnt have the wood shank. Anyway i absolutely love mine. It smokes great with a wonderful draw and stays cool( well cool as ill let it be with me being a fairly quick smoker). Id recommend any mr brog pipe.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
To the OP, I just had my first smoke out of the #43 I received yesterday. Hard to judge it fairly after just one time, but like others have said already it smoked very well, and cool, out of the box. Not only that, but it passed a pipe cleaner all the way through with no problem. For that price, I say pull the trigger. I'm getting another one for sure, very promising!

kckijana

Lurker
Oct 2, 2012
After one smoke out of the #48, I'm pretty impressed. That nice thick bowl stays cool and is pretty easy to grip. The pear wood doesn't have a fine finish, but for $22 I'm most interested in how it smokes. Nothing to distract from enjoying a bowl of Frog Morton Cellar where the sweet notes were evident. Not sure I like the filter that came with it as it inhibits the draw somewhat. As long as it doesn't crack, I'd say it is well worth it and I'm looking forward to the next bowl.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm going to just take a shot at one. Though after looking the Scoot and Amigo are equally enticing. Decisions, decisions…

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
I love the look of the amigo...it will most likely be my next order from Mr Brog.

Status
Not open for further replies.