PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
Hey, gang.

I'm moving to Ogden, Utah for the next five or six months for work (wildland firefighting) and am curious if there are any tobacco shops that anyone can recommend.

I did a search and only head shops were shown, hopefully that's not all there is.

thanks in advance for all the help!

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I have a sister in Ogden but don't recall any good pipe shops there. I made the trip down to Jeanie's for fun. It's a nice shop and while I was there the pipemaker Arley Curtz stopped in. Don't know if he is still carving and doing repairs.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Definitely visit Beehive Cigars in Salt Lake City. Decent amount of pipes, large tobacco selection, both house blends and tins. Large cigar humidor. Smoking lounge requires a fee due to state law. Be prepared for high tin prices because of the heinous Utah tobacco tax at 86%. The Mormon controlled state legislature wants to dissuade you from partaking in the evil weed.

Overall, a nice shop with a great staff. Highly recommended.

We even have a pipe club that meets there once a month. Check out “Utah Pipe Smokers” on Facebook.
http://beehivecigars.com/mobile/

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
David, as a fellow Utah pipe smoker, I’m sorry to say that the selection of B&M pipe stores/tobacconists here is pretty grim. Everywhere is anti-tobacco these days, but Utah even more than most. I haven’t been in a nice pipe shop since leaving Dallas many years ago.
Stock up online, and enjoy the other great things about Utah.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
Thank you all for the good wishes and input. It looks like there are a couple of great looking shops but I'm definitely bringing a small stockpile with.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have a sister in Ogden but don't recall any good pipe shops there. I made the trip down to Jeanie's for fun. It's a nice shop and while I was there the pipemaker Arley Curtz stopped in. Don't know if he is still carving and doing repairs.
Don't know if Arley is still carving new stuff, but I did pick up an estate blasted lovat of his at the last West Coast Pipe Show. Great pipe.
You might be able to contact Mike Lancaster (TobaccoPipeCollctor) on YouTube/Instagram/Twitter/Facebook and he would possibly know if Arley is still carving. Mike is also in the Salt Lake area, so he may know of a shop close to Ogden since he's in Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.