PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
I have been a pipe smoker for a long time, been a cigar smoker for about 3 yrs just bought a few cigar holders.. i like them a great deal as i have never been a clencher for cigars. but this is a game changer i can clench down on the pipe style tip and puff like a pipe.. its great any one else a user of these ? any photos ? ill post my collection soon..

have a great day

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've never used one, but I've thought about buying a nice meerschaum holder. The problem for me is the holders are usually for smaller ring gauge cigars as that's what the popular size was years ago, but today's market has 50+ ring gauge cigars. Just not ideal for me as I prefer a 50 or 52 ring gauge cigar.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
metalhead, here are some large sized meer cigar holders.
http://www.meerschaumpipemaster.com/meerschaum/Meerschaum_cigar.htm

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Don't think this would work for me. I can see the appeal for some guys but for me part of the cigar experience is tasting the tobacco along with the smoke. I don't chew on them or anything like that. I've had several friends comment on how dry the cut end of my cigars stay while theirs looks like a dogs chew toy :lol:

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
When my cigar gets to short,i just tuck it in my pipe for finish,

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My grandfather used to use those cigar holders, very short but also wide enough to hold a full-sized

cigar. I think they were sized to hold some of the popular size cigars of the era.
I humorously suggest that the holders greatly improved the quality of butts left behind after they

were removed from the holders, for fellas down on their luck.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Steve Laug has been restoring some cigar holds on his blog:

http://rebornpipes.com/2014/06/07/a-tale-of-two-cigar-holders/

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
Always wanted to try one, but seems I always try different cigars of different sizes so don't really want to dive in. Plus, I do like smoking a cigar just as a cigar.

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
I was under the impression that one got considerable taste from the contact between the wrapper and one's lips. Perhaps that is not correct. Do you find that the holder changes the taste of the cigar? I remember some old-timers, friends of my grandfather, using cigar holders, but they were smoking Phillies blunts or perfectos, so I'm not sure how much flavor there was in those wrappers.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
I smoke all size cigars.. I have not noticed a huge taste difference. I like to clench my pipes and read or watch TV . This is the main reason I got some. even some nice wood ones. I watch George Burns and he always had his cigar in one. I'll load a photo of the ones I got tomorrow

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
10456814_748816321836566_6745853162790966438_n.jpg

here are a few of my cigar holders

Status
Not open for further replies.