Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
On a whim I bought a lb of this one. I figured at worst it would be enjoyable. My girlfriend told me I should order that pipe I've been looking at (peterson's spigot system pipe) so I got a big tin of Edward G. and also something in bulk. I've had my eye on Mountain Camp a while but I rarely hear anything about it. So just looking for peoples opinions, more out of curiosity then anything.

Downeaster

Lurker
Nov 14, 2019
On a whim I bought a lb of this one. I figured at worst it would be enjoyable. My girlfriend told me I should order that pipe I've been looking at (peterson's spigot system pipe) so I got a big tin of Edward G. and also something in bulk. I've had my eye on Mountain Camp a while but I rarely hear anything about it. So just looking for peoples opinions, more out of curiosity then anything.
Mountain Camp is the blend that I smoke most often. I have a cellar of about 40 blends (80% English / Oriental / Balkan, 20% Burleys), and I always have some Mountain Camp with me. For me, it hits the spot.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
I tried it a couple of times almost a year ago, and I found that none of the varietals except the latakia emerged with any real flavor. I took it as needing some time in a jar and figured I'd put it away for a couple years.

I remembered it tasting busy without much flavor somehow.

But that's related to my preference of needing Virginias/Orientals/burleys to really punch above their weight of they are going to be paired with latakia.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I tried it a couple of times almost a year ago, and I found that none of the varietals except the latakia emerged with any real flavor. I took it as needing some time in a jar and figured I'd put it away for a couple years.

I remembered it tasting busy without much flavor somehow.

But that's related to my preference of needing Virginias/Orientals/burleys to really punch above their weight of they are going to be paired with latakia.
So if you're a weirdo like me who doesn't find latakia to be an overly domineering flavor it rocks. Nice. Yeah it's not a blend I've heard much about but it sounded interesting. And also I like camping too so....

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
Nice. I looked at my cellar and the English family of stuff was where I had the biggest deficit. I liked the name and have been curious about it. So bit the bullet so to speak. Glad to hear you enjoy it mind telling me a little more about it. A real basic description would make me happy.
I like the balanced Latakia flavor, really smooth. On first trying this blend is seemed stronger but now it seems to have toned down. Not sure if it's the tobacco that's mellowed or my taste buds are changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.