PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
The Formula 1 thread seems to be getting side tracked (guilty party here) with other racing so I thought a general motorsports thread might be good.

Yesterday I went to the Flat Rock Speedway in Monroe Michigan, Flat Rock Speedway - https://www.flatrockspeedway.com/ , with some coworkers and it was a blast. There were 5 races, two 'real' and three fun. The 'real' races were Late Model and Outlaw Late Model Figure 8. The outlaw figure 8 was THE most exciting race I've witnessed. Here is a video of last night's race:
The other three fun races were flag pole, Figure 8 Boat (towing a on a trailer, last one with a boat wins) and the highlight, Figure 8 School Bus as seen here:
A friend of my coworker sponsors the Dunwell bus. All in all it was just a general good ol'time.

Next I'd like to go to a dirt track watch some sprint care and midget races.

What are your experiences with local motorsports?

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
A figure of eight.... That's crazy.
Not sure it would work for F1.

How do you complete a risk assessment for a figure of eight track?

Looks fun though.
Speed is fairly low I suppose.

Thanks for sharing.

Long live this new thread.

Reactions: kurtbob and mbmoehl

Jbrewer2002

Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
The Formula 1 thread seems to be getting side tracked (guilty party here) with other racing so I thought a general motorsports thread might be good.

Yesterday I went to the Flat Rock Speedway in Monroe Michigan, Flat Rock Speedway - https://www.flatrockspeedway.com/ , with some coworkers and it was a blast. There were 5 races, two 'real' and three fun. The 'real' races were Late Model and Outlaw Late Model Figure 8. The outlaw figure 8 was THE most exciting race I've witnessed. Here is a video of last night's race:
The other three fun races were flag pole, Figure 8 Boat (towing a on a trailer, last one with a boat wins) and the highlight, Figure 8 School Bus as seen here:
A friend of my coworker sponsors the Dunwell bus. All in all it was just a general good ol'time.

Next I'd like to go to a dirt track watch some sprint care and midget races.

What are your experiences with local motorsports?
We frequently go to sprint car races. We go to Eldora 2 times a year. We follow the USAC non wing guys the most. There midget races are often a lot of fun. The full size guys run about 900 HP and weigh around 1300 LBS. They turn half miles on dirt in about 12-13 seconds.

Reactions: kurtbob and mbmoehl

trudger

Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Michigan has lots of auto racing all over the state.

8-Paved Drag strips
2-Unpaved Drag (1 sand 1 dirt)
21-Paved ovals (some with 8’s) including Michigan International Speedway
22-Dirt Ovals
4-Road Courses (not including Detroit GP)

Reactions: kurtbob