PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Hmm, looking at my pharmacopoeia I see that smoking tobacco alleviates these belly aches I'm currently having. Thus, I wanna ask you guys which genre or blend would be the most tobaccoey (least cased and topped). I'm guessing something like Capstan or Escudo? Are English blends closer to natural than aros?

I need something to smoke to-morrow. Sadly, it won't be an aro, as usual. But I've other non-aromatic stuff here too.

tabakpfeife

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2019
If you need it quick, GL Pease's Union Square positions itself as fairly unadulterated and is readily available.

Reactions: krizzose
Tobacco can taste like so many things. Virginias are sweet, burleys are nutty (or can be), cigar leaf is oily, latakia is smokey, perique is prickly, and on and on... all are mostly cased, Escudo and Capstan also. The only brands that I know of to be all natural are GLP and D&R blends. C&D has a few, but you'd have to really look through them. But, the casings on Virginias can be mild and deceiving, because they are cased to compliment the tobacco flavor, but they are usually there in most (if not all) commercial blends (except the ones mentioned).

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I always compare casing with mixed drinks. There are aros which are like rum and coke you taste more coke then rum. Versus just cased which are more like a Martini or Manhattan. But like Cosmic pointed out most commercially made blends are cased. The only tobaccos I can think of that aren't cased at all are the tobac Manil semois.

Reactions: kurtbob

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Tabac Manil‘s semois is probably the purest unmolested commercially available leaf, although it is not a blend
I was also going to suggest that pipe tobacco from the Semois Valley in Belgium may be the best bet for the most "natural" tobacco but looks like thefishguy beat me to it.

Reactions: thefishguy
Status
Not open for further replies.