PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
So small, and yet ate all that tobacco?
they actually stuff it in the stinger. Imagine getting all the nicotine in one tin directly in your bloodstream. It's why they're so deadly.
Got woken up by a spider recently. Smooshed him and it smelled all floral. My theories at somethings that eat flowers or someone grabbed glade instead of bug spray.

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Got woken up by a spider recently. Smooshed him and it smelled all floral.

A few months ago, I saw a spider on the far wall of my bedroom just as I was in bed about to sleep. I took the lazy route, and decided that I'll just deal with it in the morning.

When morning came, the spider was nowhere to be seen. But I had a huge bite/welt on my neck. (And no superpowers either).
Lesson learned.

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
A few months ago, I saw a spider on the far wall of my bedroom just as I was in bed about to sleep. I took the lazy route, and decided that I'll just deal with it in the morning.

When morning came, the spider was nowhere to be seen. But I had a huge bite/welt on my neck. (And no superpowers either).
Lesson learned.
I hate it when I see a spider and it disappears by the time I get back with a tissue and I have to burn the house down.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Every time I think I don’t like winter, I think of the critters that would be here if things didn’t freeze and die once a year. *shudder*

Thanks for the reminder! Winter is coming (thank goodness, I guess)
Some scorpions hibernate.

Reactions: Zero

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
If that cuddly little fella worries you don’t come to Australia 🤣

Yeah.

Speaking of pets, I had one very similar in colour and size (Australian desert scorpion) when I was a teenager.
Had its enclosure on my bedside table, would wake me up at 3am bashing into the plastic sides, whilst on the hunt.
Wish they ate more often, was a trip feeding it crickets.

Reactions: VDL_Piper and Zero