PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
50g tins are now 34$, 100g tins at 68$. I told my local B&M that I'm very sorry and that I won't be able to pay these horrendous prices anymore - advised the owner to look into joining a tobacco lobby.
He was very sad to loose my business but told me that he'd heard the same thing from most of his other customers who appear to be older retired folks who won't be able to afford their monthly pipe tobacco tin anymore. As the owner still makes the majority of the income through cigar sales to law enforcement and lawyers, I doubt he'll have to give up the business any time soon. Still it's pretty sad that these government move strongly contribute to the downfall of the relationships between the local pipe smoking community and the B&Ms. If anything a government, especially with respect to the Canadian mindset, would do everything to the opposite.
Believe me when I say I prefer personal interaction and a little face-to-face chat with a nice guy at the B&M a million times over ordering from the internet (much like I've always enjoyed buying at the local small grocers a lot more than going to Walmart). But with the current situation, you can get 2 tins including shipping from the U.S. for the price of a single tin bought locally. This is so out of whack ... :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.