PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Here are my two newest acquisitions to my meerschaum pipe collection. This brings my collection to 17 meerschaum pipes. Got a steal of a deal on the calabash which was smoked only a handful of times and was super clean other than some oxidation on the stem. The Hawkbill was a great deal and was also minimally smoked. Already sanitized the calabash and cleaned up the stem and it smokes great. Just need to sanitize the Hawkbill before firing it up. I'm very pleased with my newest acquisitions.
Huseyin Cor - Hawkbill:

20180302_151713.jpg

Pioneer Gourd Calabash:

20180301_155434.jpg

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Man, oh man, the top, smooth pipe is nice. They both are, but I'm partial to the smooth non show-offy meerschaums.

upnorth1

Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
Those are beautiful pipes. I like smooth meers myself and I've been getting interested in calabashes as my Great Grandfather had one. When my Great Grandfahter died, (he smoked his calabash every evening in his rocking chair) the pipe fell from his mouth and broke in two. All my young life my Dad had that pipe in a case in his top dresser drawer. When my Dad died I looked for it and it was gone.

Jun 27, 2016
Pretty pipes! Is that stem on the gourd pipe before or after cleaning? It looks a little green in the pic. If it is a 'before' pic, I would love to see the after pic! If it is the "after" pic, I know that people on here know what to do about that to get it back to shiny and black.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Where did you find that Hawkbill?
It was commissioned by a friend about a year ago. If you contact Huseyin Cor he could probably make you one. The pipe didn't meet the dimensions he was looking for, so he commissioned a second Hawkbill, and he offered this one up for sale, so I grabbed it. I think it's an awesome pipe!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Pretty pipes! Is that stem on the gourd pipe before or after cleaning? It looks a little green in the pic. If it is a 'before' pic, I would love to see the after pic! If it is the "after" pic, I know that people on here know what to do about that to get it back to shiny and black.
That was the before pic. It's mostly black now, but I need to give it another clean up as I missed a spot.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Those are beautiful pipes. I like smooth meers myself and I've been getting interested in calabashes as my Great Grandfather had one. When my Great Grandfahter died, (he smoked his calabash every evening in his rocking chair) the pipe fell from his mouth and broke in two. All my young life my Dad had that pipe in a case in his top dresser drawer. When my Dad died I looked for it and it was gone.
I prefer the smooth classic meerschaum pipes as well, but I've always wanted a gourd calabash. Not sure how often I'll smoke it but its a nice display piece as well. Sorry to hear that your Great Grandfather's pipe disappeared. That would have been a nice collection piece.

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
The smooth pipe is very sweet. I love the look of the smooth meerschaums but I have the bad habit of putting them down on their sides...

smittyd

Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Wow those are awesome....someday i need to get one . I want an IMP and for now they are a bit out of my range. Happy smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.