PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I don't think there is a perfect energy source yet, or even on the drawing boards. I'm inclined to let market forces decide the best course. So far the market prefers a petroleum based economy. It delivers cheap energy to the widest segments of society but with a somewhat high environmental cost. The other alternatives deliver smaller amounts of energy at much higher costs with debatable environmental impacts. You've probably seen the areas on the planet where heavy metals are mined for solar panels, electronics and the virtual moonscapes lithium mines for battery production create. There just is no perfect method yet of energy production.
Nuclear energy production technology has been making some progress.
I suppose we could always go back to something like this:
TPkL7CL.jpg

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I'm inclined to let market forces decide the best course. So far the market prefers a petroleum based economy.
This generally seems like the most reliable way. I have trouble trusting governments and NGOs to be as precise.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
I have several issues here, how are you going to change it when you can't park outside your house?

Not everyone has a drive or garage.

Do these tree huggers think power to charge the cars comes from the air? It comes from power stations which burn gas etc!
They must think these things up in their sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.