PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
After 200 inches of winter snow in the area, we expected some low populations and tough hunting this year. We were pleasantly surprised in our first two hours of hunting by a decent bull being pestered by a little guy, who also happened to be legal.

Worst part about the trip was that I only had the chance to enjoy one bowl (KBV Burley Morning Pipe in a Savinelli Impero Smooth 111KS) before spending 2 days moving 1,000lbs of meat off the moose onto the pole, off the pole onto the 4 wheeler, off the 4 wheeler onto the camp rack, off the camp rack onto the 4 wheeler, off the 4 wheeler into the plane, off the plane into the truck, then off the truck onto the hanging rack in town.

Needless to say, I’ll be doing some napping today with a bottle of advil. Worth it.

161B1783-87D4-4196-B982-BA4FB475E910.jpeg
FBF2274F-B7E7-4E5D-93EA-93FC770A1B2D.jpeg
3F12AB1E-FCFD-4ED5-ADDE-A476ECDE1F7E.jpeg
05E1A4EC-E304-4978-BC3B-B21483CD8703.jpeg

Last edited:

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
So awesome...
I’m a hunter. No better “organic” food!
My wife, however, thinks “meat” only comes from the back aisle of the big grocery store, on a styrofoam tray, wrapped in cellophane...
Enjoy the journey, struggle, hassle, enjoyment, thrill, camaraderie of the fall harvest, that is providing for oneself! ?

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
Serious protein right there...
16-12-8 ounce servings is 1,000 , 1,500 , 2,000 servings!
That’ll last a while...or keep a neighborhood happy and full!

Reactions: kurtbob and petes03

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I only had the chance to enjoy one bowl (KBV Burley Morning Pipe in a Savinelli Impero Smooth 111KS) before spending 2 days moving 1,000lbs of meat
You obviously understand nothing about hunting. The whiskey and tobacco are to be consumed in adequate quantities before you break out the guns and go looking for something to shoot. Otherwise, you get in a hurry hauling out the meat and forget what you went out there for.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
After 200 inches of winter snow in the area, we expected some low populations and tough hunting this year. We were pleasantly surprised in our first two hours of hunting by a decent bull being pestered by a little guy, who also happened to be legal.

Worst part about the trip was that I only had the chance to enjoy one bowl (KBV Burley Morning Pipe in a Savinelli Impero Smooth 111KS) before spending 2 days moving 1,000lbs of meat off the moose onto the pole, off the pole onto the 4 wheeler, off the 4 wheeler onto the camp rack, off the camp rack onto the 4 wheeler, off the 4 wheeler into the plane, off the plane into the truck, then off the truck onto the hanging rack in town.

Needless to say, I’ll be doing some napping today with a bottle of advil. Worth it.

View attachment 42825
View attachment 42826
View attachment 42827
View attachment 42828

I'm jealous. Broke out the Grizzly recurve this past weekend. Been practicing on my targets. Just whitetail this season.

Reactions: kurtbob and petes03

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
You obviously understand nothing about hunting. The whiskey and tobacco are to be consumed in adequate quantities before you break out the guns and go looking for something to shoot. Otherwise, you get in a hurry hauling out the meat and forget what you went out there for.
Yeah cant smoke in the field, moose would pick up the scent from miles. The one bowl I had was the night before.

Reactions: kurtbob and trubka2

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I'm jealous. Broke out the Grizzly recurve this past weekend. Been practicing on my targets. Just whitetail this season.
I’M Jealous! Never shot a whitetail. In fact, only north american “deer” I’ve ever killed is an assload of sitka blacktails. Damn fine meat, but super small, in both body and rack. A couple years ago we shot 15 and it was less meat than 1 moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.