Moonshine Stoker Blackout Cob - MM Reissue?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
if you want them to think it's in their best interests point out it's a reason for a cob collector to buy another cob. They don't have that much competition which might make them slack on the innovation or variety department.

Well be sure to contact with them, with what you said here and the, Country looking aspect you also mentioned, you have some valid points here, especially the Collectors Aspect...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They don't have that much competition which might make them slack on the innovation or variety department.
Forum members haven't kept them in business for over a century, online smokers are a drop in the bucket compared to the majority of MM's clientele. MM has made many special edition pieces that were never listed on their site for events and pipe clubs, and their regular production models have had enough of a following to not need change. Pieces like their reverse calabash have only been offered in limited supply twice due to lack of availability of the precise cobs needed for the design, and some years during draught, their larger pipes weren't even made because their corn supply didn't grown sufficiently.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The best part of these special edition pipes is that they come with acrylic stems. They cost a bit more, usually around $25 so far, but you won't be buying replacement stems over the years. I chew them up even with my big rotation. Half my MM cobs are special edition, and the rest have original Forever stems. It makes the corncob pipe experience first rate.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
When I saw this pipe, all I could think was, WOW and I want one!

Only to realize this was a special release only for the MuleTown Pipe Show held at BriarWorks in Columbia, Tennessee, last year.

The only thing that comes close is to get a Briarworks Moonshine Stoker, but that’s Briar and I want a cob like this.

I spoke to MM on the phone regarding a re-release of this, and to my surprise no one has inquired, showing interest over this.

Hmm I can’t believe I’d be the only one that would like to see this as a regular production pipe.

The reason I think, is because so many of us smoke a black pipe, black bowls are common place in the pipe world, which made me think many smokers would love this black look because I sure as Bleeping do! :)

Maybe we should get a Petition going and get MM to put this into production!

View attachment 52708
Sure, sign my name to it...

Reactions: eljimmy

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Wow thats higher than what I thought it would be listed at. I was thinking like 30ish. $45 bucks plus S&H for a cob I like it a lot less now. Heck thats half way to a big boy briar pipe.

Devil Anse

Mar 29, 2020
California
I didn’t see this thread..... I started one about it yesterday.
I also purchased the “Black Out” wanted this since I first saw one. A little pricey at @ $45 but.... take my money!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Word is that Missouri Meerschaum will sell their share soon. Keep an eye out on their site??

The first time I placed an order with MM for a Cob, the pipe comes messed up, bad workmanship and it wasn’t made correctly, to keep it simple.

So I contact them, they wanted pictures, they made this into a long drawn out process, then they made excuses for the work. It was like pulling teeth to get a replacement from them, really sad.

Instead, what they should of done was simply believed the customer and sent a replacement, simple as that. Every other place I bought a messed up Cob from has done this except them

It was only a $5 pipe, they made it seem like I bought a $500 pipe and needed pictures for the proof.

In short their customer service/support of the pipes is bad, I deleted my account, never to purchase directly from them again.

If a place like Cup O’ Joes, SPC, Aristocob, etc., any online seller that has the cob you want, buy it there, not from MM.

I’ve had screwed up Cobs in the past, that I’ve bought from online sites, had a replacement sent, no problems, or questions asked!

Last edited:

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
The first time I placed an order with MM for a Cob, the pipe comes messed up, bad workmanship and it wasn’t made correctly, to keep it simple.

So I contact them, they wanted pictures, they made this into a long drawn out process, then they made excuses for the work. It was like pulling teeth to get a replacement from them, really sad.

Instead, what they should of done was simply believed the customer and sent a replacement, simple as that. Every other place I bought a messed up Cob from has done this except them

It was only a $5 pipe, they made it seem like I bought a $500 pipe and needed pictures for the proof.

In short their customer service/support of the pipes is bad, I deleted my account, never to purchase directly from them again.

If a place like Cup O’ Joes, SPC, Aristocob, etc., any online seller that has the cob you want, buy it there, not from MM.

I’ve had screwed up Cobs in the past, that I’ve bought from online sites, had a replacement sent, no problems, or questions asked!
Damn. That’s a real shame. They should’ve replaced that real quick. Or maybe if that’s the way it’s gonna be they should get on the QC

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
The original seems to be a natural finish. You could get one from BW and dye it yourself. I've custom dyed many cobs with great results.

Well since it’s been mentioned they were sold out, because originally I thought they didn’t make them, I’ll just hold my breath and wait.

Hopefully I don’t turn too blue and pass out. LOL ?

Reactions: FurCoat